Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LPT on rental property

Options
  • 15-12-2014 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi All

Quick question regarding the LPT on rental properties.

Is it possible to write this off tax at the end of the year accounts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

golfdiva wrote: »
    Hi All

Quick question regarding the LPT on rental properties.

Is it possible to write this off tax at the end of the year accounts?

Not so far - it has been discussed and mentioned by Noonan but no sign of it being implemented/allowed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

Not yet

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/lpt/faqs/general.html#section9
    Revenue wrote:
    9. I am a landlord and have paid Local Property Tax (LPT) on my rental properties. Is the LPT that I paid an allowable deduction against rental income?

The Government has accepted in principle the recommendation in the Thornhill Report that LPT be a deductible expense in calculating a landlord’s taxable rental income and that the deduction be phased in over a number of years with the start date being determined by the economic and budgetary situation. However, the Government has not yet decided to bring the deduction into effect. Until the necessary amendment is made to section 97 of the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997, LPT is not a deductible expense and therefore should not be claimed as a deduction when submitting your Income Tax/Corporation Tax Return for 2013.

Advertisement