Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BER Selling Home

Options
  • 15-12-2014 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All

we are selling our house and have had a look round for the BER cert but don't seem to have it, my wife throws nothing out so we may never have received one when buying it 5 years ago. is this something our solicitor would hold on to?
    I have checked the National BER Register and our report is there, is it enough to point a buyer to this or to we need to have the hard copy? If a hard copy, should I just contact the crowd listed as doing the rating to post one out?

thanks

Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

rang the number listed as having done the rating and they are sending me out a copy- thanks anyhow

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It may make more sense to get a new one if you've made any changes at all (major ones require a new one). The number for the seai site is enough anyway

no we haven't done anything that would effect the rating in a positive way anyhow, happy to go with the current C1 rating, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I found out when selling that there is no such thing as an official cert, its the rating that's registered. They all can print you out a fancy colour template on card though.....my buyers solicitor demanded the "cert" so I printed out the pdf and that was that....

Nice one, I'll do that, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Hi All

we are selling our house and have had a look round for the BER cert but don't seem to have it, my wife throws nothing out so we may never have received one when buying it 5 years ago. is this something our solicitor would hold on to?
    I have checked the National BER Register and our report is there, is it enough to point a buyer to this or to we need to have the hard copy? If a hard copy, should I just contact the crowd listed as doing the rating to post one out?

thanks

Noel

Print out should be fine, if it has all the rating info.

thanks I got the real deal from the crowd that did the cert, just rang em up, pretty painless. Better to have it now than have some solicitor insisting on it further down the line

Advertisement