Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builders doing external wall insulation?

Options
  • 15-12-2014 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey There,

Hopefully this is a pretty straightforward question.

Can builders do external wall insulation or is it a very specialized task?

We have an extension to the house which is pretty cold and dragging the house down a little too, so we were looking at getting external wall insulation to just the extension. The only issue is that currently there is a small glass porch which we are aiming to convert to a little utility and obviously it makes sense to do this first. So I was wondering would builders carry out both tasks or would I need to get a builder then a specialized insulation company?

Thanks,
    Niall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Hey There,

We have an extension to the house which is pretty cold and dragging the house down a little too, so we were looking at getting external wall insulation to just the extension. The only issue is that currently there is a small glass porch which we are aiming to convert to a little utility and obviously it makes sense to do this first. So I was wondering would builders carry out both tasks or would I need to get a builder then a specialized insulation company?

Thanks,
    Niall

Hi there

Don't know where u are based but Leetherm insulation based in Tipperary carry out building work a well. As far as I know they cover most areas.

Worth a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭SargentDuck

Ceepo wrote: »
    Hi there

Don't know where u are based but Leetherm insulation based in Tipperary carry out building work a well. As far as I know they cover most areas.

Worth a call.

Excellent!! I'll be definitely giving them a call. Thanks for that.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Hey There,

Thanks,
    Niall
    its about the 'Ewi system' guarentee.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,436 ✭✭✭✭ted1

If their registered with SEAI you get the grant. Any builder could do it, but that doesn't mean thatthey will do it correctly

Advertisement