Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massey Ferguson transmission control unit

Options
  • 15-12-2014 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,
    Anyone know where I could get a second hand transmission control unit for my power shuttle massey 4370 ? Or get my one repaired ? A new one is costing over e800 !

TIA

WC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Did you try Connaghtys in kells?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭bren11

Havent used this company, but have seen them recommended on an other forum.
    http://www.dkelectronics.co.uk/products-serviced-by-david-king-electronics/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭White Clover

bren11 wrote: »

Thanks. Never heard of them. I'll give em a bell tomorrow.

I didn't try him. Does he do second hand stuff as well ?

I didn't try him. Does he do second hand stuff as well ?

Yup, he breaks tractors.

• Advertisement

Yup, he breaks tractors.

Sound, I'll check if he has one.
    I wonder would I be better off getting my one repaired rather than getting a second hand one ?

Yup, he breaks tractors.

I wonder would I be better off getting my one repaired rather than getting a second hand one ?

Dunno tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭John J. Lyons

Hi lads,
    Anyone know where I could get a second hand transmission control unit for my power shuttle massey 4370 ? Or get my one repaired ? A new one is costing over e800 !

TIA

WC

Hi where you based ?,
    What's wrong with the control unit you have??

Hi where you based ?,
    What's wrong with the control unit you have??

Based in North cork. Unit isn't reading forward speed and there is an error code flashing and beeping on the dash.

• Advertisement

Tried him and no luck. May have to try some of the breakers across the pond

bren11 wrote: »
    Dk electronics

Rang these lads too. They told me the massey unit is about the only unit that they can't repair.

Based in North cork. Unit isn't reading forward speed and there is an error code flashing and beeping on the dash.

Will it drive forward at all ? ,
    I am not too far away and can examine control unit if your stuck

I'm no expert, by a long stretch, but a Massey we use at work had similar transmission issues and it turned out to be the solonoids that do the actual shifting that were borked. We got Flynns out to look at it and they replaced the 'box solonoids and all was well - the actual control box turned out to be fine...but like I said, that's just a shot in the dark.

Will it drive forward at all ? ,
    I am not too far away and can examine control unit if your stuck

It's driving perfect. Just that the beeping is annoying. Apparently these units cannot be opened for repair without causing even more damage

I'm no expert, by a long stretch, but a Massey we use at work had similar transmission issues and it turned out to be the solonoids that do the actual shifting that were borked. We got Flynns out to look at it and they replaced the 'box solonoids and all was well - the actual control box turned out to be fine...but like I said, that's just a shot in the dark.

I know what u mean. We thought it was the forward speed sensor above the pto shaft that was the problem. Fitter tried a new one in it and no good. Tractor operating 100% otherwise

I know what u mean. We thought it was the forward speed sensor above the pto shaft that was the problem. Fitter tried a new one in it and no good. Tractor operating 100% otherwise

Ours would just sit - so different issue. John j ^ sounds like a good bet tbh.

It's driving perfect. Just that the beeping is annoying. Apparently these units cannot be opened for repair without causing even more damage

Did you get it plugged in to diagnostics? , sounds strange for control unit to give up like that ,
    I had a similar problem with a tractor that wouldn't drive so I got in contact with a lad to try my ecu in his tractor to see if it was at fault

Did you get it plugged in to diagnostics? , sounds strange for control unit to give up like that ,
    I had a similar problem with a tractor that wouldn't drive so I got in contact with a lad to try my ecu in his tractor to see if it was at fault

Back again lads. Don't think it's the control unit now. Fitter gave me two other units to try (both had faults different to mine), but were displaying the MPH on their original tractors. They didn't display the MPH on mine.
    where to from here ? Auto electrician ?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Back again lads. Don't think it's the control unit now. Fitter gave me two other units to try (both had faults different to mine), but were displaying the MPH on their original tractors. They didn't display the MPH on mine.

Hi White Clover
    Looking at buying a 4370.
    Not sure if you still have yours but his did she perform overall. Relatives had a 4360 but she was manual shuttle.

• Advertisement

Hi White Clover
    Not sure if you still have yours but his did she perform overall. Relatives had a 4360 but she was manual shuttle.

satstheway wrote: »
    Hi White Clover

My problem turned out to be the forward speed sensor, the first new one we tried happened to be faulty, tried another one and problem solved!
    A cheap and easy fix!
    The tractor hasn't given a minutes trouble since. Really happy with it. The only thing I wish it had is a 540e pto speed...be handy for spreading, spraying, tedding etc.
    They are a lovely tractor to spend time driving, all controls fall easily to hand and it's a very simple tractor overall.

My problem turned out to be the forward speed sensor, the first new one we tried happened to be faulty, tried another one and problem solved!
    A cheap and easy fix!
    The tractor hasn't given a minutes trouble since. Really happy with it. The only thing I wish it had is a 540e pto speed...be handy for spreading, spraying, tedding etc.
    They are a lovely tractor to spend time driving, all controls fall easily to hand and it's a very simple tractor overall.

No 540e.

If u put it in 1000 speed and then watch for 540 on readout will this not do for them jobs. It is it just too fast?

Has yours got the 24 24 shuttle box?

satstheway wrote: »
    No 540e.

If u put it in 1000 speed and then watch for 540 on readout will this not do for them jobs. It is it just too fast?

Has yours got the 24 24 shuttle box?

Yes, you would get 540 rpm at about 1300 engine rpm in 1000 box setting. Not easy to keep it constant when working on hilly ground.
    Mine has the 24 x 24 power shuttle. The power shuttle is clutchless changes between forwards and reverse.

Advertisement