Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who does anpost deal with in new zealand?

Options
  • 15-12-2014 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Can someone please help me. My friend sent me a large parcel from kilkenny ireland to wellington newzealand but it now seems missing. I have used the tracking device on the anpost website which says it came to my address but got no answer twice probably because i was in work.

they left no leaflet to say they had been there and could not get an answer. where is my parcel now?? i have given the tracking number to nz postoffice and they do not have the item in their system so it must not have been them that was trying to deliver it.

who does anpost deal with in nz? If i knew this I could contact that company and get my parcel to be redelivered or collect it myself. its contents are very valuable to me. hopefully someone can help. an post have been so unhelpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Family sent me over parcels in the past and courier post have always delivered them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Patra

thank you. i will call every courier in wellington and hopefully get somewhere with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Patra

you cant remember which one exactly? or was it different ones all the time?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

There should be an An Post number to contact on the website where you enter your tracking number; if I remember right they'll be able to tell you where it was despatched to and hopefully contact details of the company!

Best of luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

it would be the national postal system of nz that an post would forward the item too, whichever company that is called, not a independent firm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

it would be the national postal system of nz that an post would forward the item too, whichever company that is called, not a independent firm

But Nz post do subcontract out some services in some areas - (well they used to ,in some rural areas anyway)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I used to live in Wellington so I'm trying to remember who delivered my packages from home. I think it was courier post. I can see their label in my head anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the New Zealand

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Packages are generally delivered by NZ Posts courier arm, called 'Courier Post' (bet they paid a marketing team a lot of money for that inspiring title).

Visit the courier post website with your tracking number, and you should discover when it arrived into NZ (generally into Auckland, into the international mail centre), and track it from there. The time difference between NZ and Ireland is currently 13hrs, so if you can't get any information from the website, give them a call.

Try not to panic, it's the week before Christmas and Kiwis love internet shopping from abroad as they don't pay VAT (GST) below $400/€250

So far - fingers crossed - I've not had a parcel to NZ get lost in ten years, although it once took a post card seven months from Dublin to Auckland.

https://www.courierpost.co.nz/track/track-and-trace/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Courierpost
    NZ Couriers
    PBT

Are the three most likely to deliver based upon what we receive into work on a daily basis. Courierpost deliver the vast majority of international bits and pieces that come in but sometimes it can be the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,727 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Why not a private firm?

With postal deregulation in NZ, all the postal operators including NZ Post are pretty much on level footing I think, when it comes to contracts with overseas operators.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Why not a private firm?

With postal deregulation in NZ, all the postal operators including NZ Post are pretty much on level footing I think, when it comes to contracts with overseas operators.

accountability i assume

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

I had a package come from Ireland to NZ a few years back, the address was slightly wrong meaning it didn't get delivered to anywhere. It loitered in Nz for about 2 weeks then got sent all the way back to Ireland to the original sender. A round the world trip because of one wrong digit.

I know you want your stuff, but if it has not made your house, and for some reason they can't deliver it after a certain time, they certainly will return it to sender, it won't just vanish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

sent 2 parcels to USA on 5th december…only got to America today..still not at its final destination. seemed to be held up in heathrow for over 2 weeks for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

That's not unusual... Three Christmases ago I had the same issue, but with Royal Mail to NZ; I'd paid for track and trace so was able to tell the packages had been held at Heathrow for four weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,727 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Advertisement