Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to rent for 5-8 wks only

Options
  • 14-12-2014 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Myself & my other half are having builders in to do renovations on our house starting next month and as we have two young children we need to rent a house for 5 to 8 weeks. I rang two local letting agents but they said we' ve no hope of getting anything for such a short time. Any suggestions?? Anyone know where we'd find someone with a house who'd be happy to rent for that length of time??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Try holiday lets
    You'll pay a premium but you might do better at this time of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭anonyanony

LOU76 wrote: »
    Myself & my other half are having builders in to do renovations on our house starting next month and as we have two young children we need to rent a house for 5 to 8 weeks. I rang two local letting agents but they said we' ve no hope of getting anything for such a short time. Any suggestions?? Anyone know where we'd find someone with a house who'd be happy to rent for that length of time??

Probably next to impossible any parents nearby? maybe rent a hotel room for the few weeks but it will be cramped

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

What part of the country are you living in. Short term lets generally cost about 1 months rent per week in premium location like temple bar, so you could be looking close to €10k for 8 weeks.
    If you would be okay with a house share temporarily something like airbnb might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LOU76

It's Drogheda Co. Louth where we need to rent by the way!!

anonyanony wrote: »
    Probably next to impossible any parents nearby? maybe rent a hotel room for the few weeks but it will be cramped

It's the family we're trying to avoid LOL!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Is there no way to do sectional renovations and minimise the time you need to spend out of the house?

The only hope I'd imagine is offering a LL a premium and say that you'd be happy to allow viewing during that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,745 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Is it now-ish you want it? Perhaps a local BnB owner is closed and would like to go to Spain for a couple of months???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Any caravan sites around Drogheda? Can't imagine they're be doing much business. The same with holiday homes now I think about it!

Thanks everyone for the responses. The holiday home route will hopefully work for us. ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Juwwi

• Advertisement

Thanks a million Robbie!! Looks great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Holiday lettings are the best way.

I just rented a place for 2 weeks over Christmas and got it dirt cheap cause its usually a holiday spot.

Is there no way to do sectional renovations and minimise the time you need to spend out of the house?

its a mid terrace house with no side access so no way we could stay

Advertisement