Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale: Oakley Splice Goggles 2014

Options
  • 13-12-2014 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭

These are my 2014 goggles which I no longer need as I've replaced them. There are some scuff marks on the lens which I've tried to capture in the second photo but aren't noticible through the lens at all. Other lenses are available to buy but persimmon was the all rounder I went for.

Looking for €80. Collection only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Probably the finest googles on the planet and great value at that price if anyone is looking, Fair play AlternateID offering them at such a good price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Where in Dublin are you based AlternateID?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

pgibbo wrote: »
    Where in Dublin are you based AlternateID?

PM sent. Cheers

Provisionally sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

What did you replace them with? Out of interest.

I have a pair of Oakley Splice too, love them. Wouldn't even realise I'm wearing them most of the time.

• Advertisement

2015 splice prizm rose. I must of almost bought them a dozon times over the last few weeks. Should I - shouldn't I. Eventually I hit the purchase button. They look so good I don't want it them them out of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭DoraDelite

I went for the same lens as well! really looking forward to trying them out. I'm upgrading from the Bolle Modulator which has served me reasonably well over the last few years. I'm expecting big things from the prizm though, hopefully it lives up to the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭DoraDelite

yikes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

I got the Prizm Rose replacement lens on offer from the UK for the Crowbar, simple enough to change the lens, I bought into the marketing hype but at least I have the persimmon as a backup!

If anyone has tried them out let me know how you get on... Sitting watching a snowboard movie with them on doesn't really count haha

• Advertisement

2015 splice prizm rose. I must of almost bought them a dozon times over the last few weeks. Should I - shouldn't I. Eventually I hit the purchase button. They look so good I don't want it them them out of the box.

I can empathise fully, yesterday I put a bid on a snowboard on eBay, fully expecting to be outbid straight away, which never happened. In 43 minutes time I could be the proud owner of a new Arbor Element board.

I've no idea what I was doing placing the bid, I was more than happy top wait until next season and buy the board at a knocked-down price. :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

If anyone sees a high intensity yellow crowbar lens give me a shout, I have a fire iridium lens that i love but want something high contrast as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

cormee wrote: »
    I can empathise fully, yesterday I put a bid on a snowboard on eBay, fully expecting to be outbid straight away, which never happened. In 43 minutes time I could be the proud owner of a new Arbor Element board.

I've no idea what I was doing placing the bid, I was more than happy top wait until next season and buy the board at a knocked-down price. :confused:

Haha it happens us all, with a new 'season' (1-2 weeks of snowboarding for me) comes endless thoughts and research of new gear I clearly don't need. I've yet to buy any new clothing but already purchased bindings and new lens for googles that I clearly don't need....
    Rew wrote: »
    If anyone sees a high intensity yellow crowbar lens give me a shout, I have a fire iridium lens that i love but want something high contrast as well.

I got my Prizm Rose from here at 56e, shop in Edinburgh I think. They have the HI Yellow too:
    https://www.freezeproshop.com/oakley-crowbar-replacement-goggle-lens-1/colour:24565

Love the wood top sheet. Would really like to try one out.

You could order from oakley.com. I want a prizm black myself and then I'm going to stop shopping.

Love the wood top sheet. Would really like to try one out.

Cancelled it, thankfully the seller allowed me to. Turns out the one I had purchased was the 13/14 board, the one I meant to get was the 14/15 board. Lovely looking board, yeah, and it seems to get great reviews. I like that the tips have extra flex and the body is stiffer in the latest model.

stevire wrote: »
    Haha it happens us all, with a new 'season' (1-2 weeks of snowboarding for me) comes endless thoughts and research of new gear I clearly don't need. I've yet to buy any new clothing but already purchased bindings and new lens for googles that I clearly don't need....

Oh stop! In the last month or two I've bought new bindings, spring jacket, GoPro pole, gloves, and almost a new board. And yet the only part of my kit that actually needed replacing was my pants.:pac:

I got my Prizm Rose from here at 56e, shop in Edinburgh I think. They have the HI Yellow too:
    https://www.freezeproshop.com/oakley-crowbar-replacement-goggle-lens-1/colour:24565

Good prices there but they don't have the one I want.

My list of unnecessary purchases includes a board, helmet, goggles, gloves, move gloves, bags, jacket, skull candy yet I have all of it except the candy.

My list of unnecessary purchases includes a board, helmet, goggles, gloves, move gloves, bags, jacket, skull candy yet I have all of it except the candy.

I think you win.

Cheers, 65 which is 10 better then Oakley but haven't checked shipping yet

It's like an itch that needs scratching. I bought the 2015 board just a minute ago, woohoo :D

• Advertisement

It's like an itch that needs scratching. I bought the 2015 board just a minute ago, woohoo :D

The Arbour? Dare I ask the price. Think I said this before but all new boards seem really expensive this year. 100 - 200 more than last year.

The Arbour? Dare I ask the price. Think I said this before but all new boards seem really expensive this year. 100 - 200 more than last year.

Yep, the Element! http://arborcollective.com/snowboards/products/element/

Lovely! All the reviews for it are great.

It was €550, including shipping, coming from within the EU. Best price I had found anywhere, by far (when you inc. shipping, tax etc).

You know before my wife does, but I've prepared my defense already - in that she'd come to terms with me accidentally bidding on that other one on eBay, so this is really much of the same thing, again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Have a look here. I was looking for a hi yellow lens for my splice last year and got another pair of splice with the hi yellow for cheaper than I could buy the lens on its own.

http://www.eyewearoutlet.co.uk

I would recommend the pink iridium lens! Its probably the best lens they do for all round viz and low light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Fattes wrote: »
    I would recommend the pink iridium lens! Its probably the best lens they do for all round viz and low light.

Have the Pink Iridium lens in my Splices and just back from boarding in the US. There was a snowstorm (:D) the few days I was out and they performed very well in some very low visibility towards the top of the mountain. It would be interesting to know if the new lens would have been much, if at all, different.

Im assuming Pink is meant to be more all round versus the yellow being low vis only?

Im assuming Pink is meant to be more all round versus the yellow being low vis only?

This is a very rough list of the sort of order. Starting with low light to blue bird.

Yellows
    Persimmons
    Pinks
    Blues
    Golds
    Blacks

There are others but most drop in in the middle. Greens and mixed colours. I've never tried a yellow and am eager to try out my rose prizm as it covers bottom to middle range.

Yeah its more an all round lens but it is more geared towards low light and mid light conditions. obviously not as good as the Yellow permission in white out but pretty good and better in all other conditions and much more versatile.

Im happy with me Fire Iridium 70% of the time so I think ill grab the Yellow to cover the rest

• Advertisement

Yeah depends where you ski and your own eye vision/perception! We get an awful lot of low light here and in N.America where I ski most myself so the Pink is an essential!

Happy shopping

Advertisement