Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colin Lloyd

Options
  • 13-12-2014 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Colin Lloyd is thinking of packing the game in if things don't improve next year. Pity as when he was in form he was great to watch.
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/darts/30414665

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I know he's had a terrible year but I looked at the PDC order of merit and he's still made over 60 grand sterling on tour, he also still has sponsorship money and exhibitions etc.

It's a lull in form but he's hardly finished at 41 years of age. He's a builder by trade, does he really think he can make a better living working on sites? I'd stick with it if I were him.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭buster180

That money is over two years. When you take away tax and expenses he wont be left with much. Also missing out on the TV events is going to hit him hard in the pocket, I think you get £5000 for just playing in the first round of the worlds.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Unfortunately Lloyd is one of those players that have been left behind due the massive increase in standard. You could reach finals with a mid 90's average 10 years ago but it's very tough to do it now. Players like Lloyd, Dudbridge, Part, Mardle possibly Webster have all been left behind as they simply can't raise their game enough to compete with the top players. Mardle had to pack it in because of it although personally I think he was a bit of a coward and didn't give it a proper go.

Advertisement