Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long do you need for your Christmas shopping?

Options
  • 13-12-2014 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

I should be getting started on it but have decided to arse around watching TV and internetting.
    The ideal for me would be to start ages ago and pick up bits and bobs as the weeks go on. But leaving it to the last minute gives you the motivation to get it done quickly and well too. One year I left it until about the 20th/21st to start (such a rebel) then got the vomming bug so had to start the night of the 23rd and I got it finished by about 4pm Christmas Eve and got everything and did a nice job of it too. Shops being open late also is a huge help, if crap for staff.
    Although there was that last-dash rush in Smyths Christmas Eve afternoon (bit late for Santa though in fairness, probably moreso frazzled aunts and uncles and godparents etc like me).

In keeping with the season, what's your Christmas shopping regime?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

20 minutes to order, 15 minutes to collect from parcel motel, done.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'll head up to Dublin and do it all next weekend, I never get too worked up about it, I've only a handful of people to buy for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Walk in to supermarket, lift bottle of brandy, pay at checkout, walk back out.

Advertisement