Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butchers/carpenters ????

Options
  • 13-12-2014 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

I was working for a company for the past month that is by far the worst I have ever seen butchers is to good a word for them .
    How in the name of god can so called builders get away with bad work and get paid for it .
    A carpenter fitted a door frame and it was 14mm off plumb I had to take it out and fit it back properly (and was then asked why I did)
    Another so called carpenter fitted skirting board and never mitered any external corners he also just pinned them to the wall with a pin gun and nothing else .
    But the best off all was watching another bloke fit a lock with a 6mm steel bit and a flat screwdriver for a chisel :mad::mad:.
    I was told before I started there the owner fitted some flooring joists that were 100mm off level and they left it that way
    So needless to say yesterday I packed my tools and headed for the hills my name is worth more than any cowboy crew has anyone came across worst than this :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Jesus Christ that's rough. No point in the world being miserable working for a crowd like that. I'd rather be at home than that. I bet he's busy enough tho? I can't believ the amount of rough ignorant c#nts that get away with rough like that and are busy while guys who are nice and take pride in there work are often at home without work :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

O ya their out their was working in temple bar a few years ago solid molded cherry skirting not mitered or scribed and put onto freshly plastered walls needless to say it was all buckled the next day all off and more put on by the same cowboy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

I watched in agony a few years ago as a 'carpenter' fitted my teak/iroko stairs by banging in the screws with a hammer until they began to bend - I told the lazy sod to buy himself a drill driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

OMG do people actual realize some of the crap that goes on when there backs are turned
    Wet walls & hammering in screws and yes your right galwaydude18 they are always busy it seems to me.

If I had anyone like that working for me I would instantly sack them. I wouldn't accept it full stop!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I started working for a company who had a great name here in my town. I only lasted half an hour my 14 year old nephew at the time done better work than most of there master craftsmen as they called them self's. I still can't belive the money they charged for crap work. Next day I just went out on my own 6 years later going strong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Hung a door that I had to cut two inches off one side so it would open after the lads who were screeding the floors levelled them with a shovel. Another job the walls were built 1 1/2" off plumb on the height of the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

I'm no master carpenter but I hate shoddy work all the same,

The house next door to me got a shower of cowboys to lay a concrete driveway and it was a fairly large job it took two lorry loads. They "levelled" it using shovels and rakes and not an exspansion joint to be see just one massive pour. The sad part is that the homeowner said nothing and just accepted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

jonon9 wrote: »
    I'm no master carpenter but I hate shoddy work all the same,

The house next door to me got a shower of cowboys to lay a concrete driveway and it was a fairly large job it took two lorry loads. They "levelled" it using shovels and rakes and not an exspansion joint to be see just one massive pour. The sad part is that the homeowner said nothing and just accepted it.

FFS:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Painting a new extension, door out to back hall keeps swinging open. Mentioned it to client and he told me that the carpenter hung it too tight and it was creaking ans catching in the frame. Guy fixes creaking and leaves it opening.
    Guy tackles chippie who retorts, I fixed the creaking, I can't fix both so which do you want? No joke.

Another site was filling nail holes in frames and butcher chippie had 157 nails shot into it. That's in 1 friggin frame. :eek:

I simply refuse any site work now.

• Advertisement

Jesus did that a
    Lad have some kind of nervous breakdown about the architrave falling off or what?

Advertisement