Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toilet attendants

Options
  • 13-12-2014 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

What's the purpose of toilet attendants? Every time I use the toilet in city centre pubs I feel uncomfortable and under pressure to give them money. I can wash and dry thank you very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

To stop you urinating on the floor and fornicating in the cubicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

**** job, but someone's got to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭AnimalChin

They don't bother me all that much personally. I don't feel pressure to pay them. If you do, I'd say that's your issue to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well la di dah mr 'I can afford to go to joints that have bathroom attendants'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

john why wrote: »
    I feel uncomfortable and under pressure to give them money.

No need to feel like that. Wash and dry then leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I have never seen a thread with this topic, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Squatman

i personally cant stand it. Whats the etiquette, when they give you paper to dry your hands, are you obliged to pay for it, or should it be refused?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    **** job, but someone's got to do it.

Why does someone have to do it? I'm quite capable of going to the loo on my own thank you very much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Birneybau wrote: »
    I have never seen a thread with this topic, ever.

You gotta get out more boss!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So this thread is doing the rounds again, was it about a month or two ago it was last sighted. :pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 bellda

It's a job that is necessary. Who doesn't appreciate relieving themselves in a pristine white convenience? I just wish they weren't all black. Why can't an Irish person be employed for the position?

There's another "boycott Denis O'Brien" as well.Dole thread anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

bellda wrote: »
    It's a job that is necessary. Who doesn't appreciate relieving themselves in a pristine white convenience? I just wish they weren't all black. Why can't an Irish person be employed for the position?

Because it's sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Don't you hate pants?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Do they provide an arse wiping service?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

What if it was a black Irish person? Better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

John the toilet man gets around

KungPao wrote: »
    What if it was a black Irish person? Better?

Or a white African.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

Oh by Odin's beard.... Why has no one else said this yet...

Blast 'em with piss!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

For the exact same reason we had a recession, we have such a large uneducated workforce that think they can decide that some jobs are beneath them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

In Belgium they're often a grumpy old lady.
    I went into the toilet with very high urgency and discovered that I only had a €50 note.
    I explained I had to go and that I would come back in 2 minutes with change. I literally couldn't wait.

Came out of the cubicle, I was grabbed by a bouncer, shoved against a wall, punched and flung out face first on the street. We had bought food etc paid maybe €45 to the bar at this stage - two meals, two pricy beers.

I'm actually loathed to ever visit Brussels again after that and I think the whole idea of demanding money in the toilets is terrible, especially from paying customers in a bar / restaurant.

This was all over 50 cents!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

None of these attendants are employed as such. They have an arrangement with the club. No wages and any gifts from the clientele are strictly their own. OP have you forgotten how mucky the loos were before they appeared? Just throw a Euro in the basket. How much did you pay for your last drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Just throw a Euro in the basket. How much did you pay for your last drink?

Probably a bloody fortune, hence why people get annoyed with having to fork out for the jacks as well. So now the customer also has to directly pay for the cleaning of a profitable business' toilet as well is it? F*ck that.

I absolutely detest the concept of toilet attendants; I'm well able to dry my own hands and it's a pain in the hoop having some lad expectantly look at you for money when all you want to do it take a f*cking p*ss. It's bad enough paying through ass all night for overpriced drink.

Like it or not, attendants do make many people uncomfortable and I'd say the majority of people would be happy out without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

FTA69 wrote: »
    Probably a bloody fortune, hence why people get annoyed with having to fork out for the jacks as well. So now the customer also has to directly pay for the cleaning of a profitable business' toilet as well is it? F*ck that.

I absolutely detest the concept of toilet attendants; I'm well able to dry my own hands and it's a pain in the hoop having some lad expectantly look at you for money when all you want to do it take a f*cking p*ss. It's bad enough paying through ass all night for overpriced drink.

Like it or not, attendants do make many people uncomfortable and I'd say the majority of people would be happy out without them.

This trend has been going on for something like 15 years now at this point. I blame sex in the city. Even the grottiest run down dives used to have attendants at one point. Maybe they still do, I have no idea as I rarely have money to go out these days. I fecking hate the idea. I wonder how prevelant it is in the US. I only found out recently that you are supposed to tip bar tenders there too. Jesus between that and paying for a paper towel you would end up paying for your drinks twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,808 ✭✭✭893bet

Never pay them. Simples.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Am I the only one who has never seen one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Why does someone have to do it? I'm quite capable of going to the loo on my own thank you very much!
    No need to thank me, you're welcome :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Can't even go while they are standing there! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭kingchess

I tip the the enthusiastic ones,the one who uses plenty of paper when wiping your bum or hold your mickey while you are peeing, on mature recollection-the one who is doing all that is myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Am I the only one who has never seen one?

Might be the glasses...

Advertisement