Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new claimer to intreo

Options
  • 13-12-2014 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

hi i just lost my job and need to make a claim, its a long time since i had any dealings with social welfare and intreo is new to me, can anyone tell me what their like? will they be pushing me onto courses and schemes from the word go? or do i have a bit of time to get myself sorted out, any info or stories is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

fgob wrote: »
    hi i just lost my job and need to make a claim, its a long time since i had any dealings with social welfare and intreo is new to me, can anyone tell me what their like? will they be pushing me onto courses and schemes from the word go? or do i have a bit of time to get myself sorted out, any info or stories is appreciated.

You will have a grace period of about six months or is it a year where you will be getting a lower rate of payment (Actually you will probably have stamps so it might be different for JSB), its when you hit long term and on JSA that they send you out to these power point presentations with other long-termers to discuss the variety of courses and schemes (JobBridge, CE) available. You will then be given appointments one to one with case workers from Intreo/FAS/Solas or whatever the hell they call them these days. :pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement