Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity reading is wrong

Options
  • 12-12-2014 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, hopefully it's okay to post this in here but I'm just looking for a bit of advice on this one...

I recently moved into a house and the first electricity and gas bill is due at the end of this month. Went onto the airtricity website to set up the whole meter reading reminders and noticed that they have the wrong actual meter reading in. I got the landord to provide me with the reading for when I moved in and its not matching. The gas does, and is fine.. however the electricity reading airtricty have as the last taken is much higher than the current amount shown by the meter.

It's about 300 off the mark... what should I do here? :o

According to the airtricity website it's an 'actual' meter reading which means.
    This means a representative from ESB Networks or Bord Gais Networks visited your house to get the meter reading.
    :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

have you contacted them? I'd imagine a quick phone call might be the solution

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

That would probably do it yeah :pac: but unfortunately closed til Monday though.

Find it fair strange that they could get it wrong, just looking to see has something similar happened any one else

Thought it could get a bit messy due the claim of it being an actual reading. May as well wait it out I suppose!

hopefully not, haven't experienced a misreading myself but I suppose if they antsy you could offer a pic as proof. and good to remember that a person took that "actual " reading and we all know that humans never make mistakes :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Must get onto the property crowd and see if they took a photo. I just got given the reading written down. I've a picture myself of course from about 2 hours ago when the reading is about 300 units off what airtricity think it started at a month ago :pac:

well hopefully even if they don't have an original photo you're current one should show it can't be where it at now, assuming no one is tampering with it. unless you took the original reading hard to know what happened, someone could have hit a digit up, ie 900 instead of 600. I'd say ring them and go from there, if they give you hassle post back here for advice but hopefully they won't. good luck :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

If Airtricity do have concrete records of the meter being actually higher than it currently is then someone is heading for some hefty legal action. Utility companies go full hog if they're convinced a meter has been tampered with.

Advertisement