Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 13th of December

Options
  • 12-12-2014 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Going to Cheltenham tomorrow for xmass party. Not been following the horses last 2 years so a bit out of the loop. So any fancies or value each ways send a fella in the right direction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Wouldn't dare to advise, don't have much of a technical knowledge of racing.
    However I keep a tracker for my own amusement and I have a notification there is a horse called Cabuchon in the 8.15 at Wolves tomorrow. My note to myself is that it was ridden in it's last two races by inexperienced apprentices (shocking ride at Lingfield 14 Nov) and "wait till ridden by a proper jockey".
    Tomorrow the man aboard is John Egan, a proper job jockey. The imponderable is whether the job is to win or get the horse beaten.
    Currently 9/1 with Paddy P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Last chance saloon on Astracad tomorrow.
    Running lowest weight in years including jockey claim. I would prefer if he was running over 2m 4f but they are obviously going for it tomorrow!
    He better win..13/2

Lingfield
    Harouet is running off 117 a weight comfortably won a similar race at Carlisle off a 9momth break. The ground might be a bit much for him tomorrow but at 8/1 I'll take a swing at harouet running out a nice winner of this race tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

Perfer TAKE THE MICK in the 12:20. Williams, 3 miles, heavy and down the bottom of the weights.

I'll take the 10/1, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Lol at the Moose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Delighted for Rock On Ruby one of my favourite horses in training, love his battling qualities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

Love it when you rush to place a bet on the exchanges and you pick it on the wrong selection, and that selection bolts in lol

Just had one in the 19:15 - Lucky, or silly mistake, or better off picking at random! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

curioser wrote: »
    Wouldn't dare to advise, don't have much of a technical knowledge of racing.
    However I keep a tracker for my own amusement and I have a notification there is a horse called Cabuchon in the 8.15 at Wolves tomorrow. My note to myself is that it was ridden in it's last two races by inexperienced apprentices (shocking ride at Lingfield 14 Nov) and "wait till ridden by a proper jockey".
    Tomorrow the man aboard is John Egan, a proper job jockey. The imponderable is whether the job is to win or get the horse beaten.
    Currently 9/1 with Paddy P.
    3rd at 16s, not a bad each way return, although value probably gone for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

Lol at the Moose.

It's no laughing matter. I pity the horse. He's in training how many years & he clearly doesn't want to do it. Retire him now & be done with it I say.

Although The New One beat a bunch of handicappers today, he wasn't really overextended & the way he came up the hill in probably a gear or two below his maximum was impressive. I still don't think he's going to win a champion hurdle but I must admit he'll be in the thick of things only to be caught for toe again by a speedier horse (hopefully the one from Harrington's yard).

Rock On Ruby, just brilliant again. The horse is all guts & doesn't run a bad race. How long before Harry Fry is champion trainer in England? He's only 27!

I still think Rock on Ruby should have another tilt at the Champion Hurdle, he has lost none of his ability and if its good ground he would be right in the mix jumping the last.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I still think Rock on Ruby should have another tilt at the Champion Hurdle, he has lost none of his ability and if its good ground he would be right in the mix jumping the last.

Would love to see it, doubt it would happen. Everything points back to Aintree in April. It's a shame as I would love to see him at the festival.

• Advertisement

coopdog85 wrote: »
    Would love to see it, doubt it would happen. Everything points back to Aintree in April. It's a shame as I would love to see him at the festival.

Hes actually not even entered in the Champion Hurdle surprisingly hes in the Queen Mother tho. Hes not a chaser but his hurdling impressed me today he pinged them all.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Hes actually not even entered in the Champion Hurdle surprisingly hes in the Queen Mother tho. Hes not a chaser but his hurdling impressed me today he pinged them all.

I'd highly doubt they'd send him for the Chanpion Chase but with the race opening up you never know. Apparently the 2 1/2 miler he was second to The New One in last year is the aim according to Fry. After today though I'm sure he might have to rethink.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭kksaints

coopdog85 wrote: »
    It's no laughing matter. I pity the horse. He's in training how many years & he clearly doesn't want to do it. Retire him now & be done with it I say.

Although The New One beat a bunch of handicappers today, he wasn't really overextended & the way he came up the hill in probably a gear or two below his maximum was impressive. I still don't think he's going to win a champion hurdle but I must admit he'll be in the thick of things only to be caught for toe again by a speedier horse (hopefully the one from Harrington's yard).

Rock On Ruby, just brilliant again. The horse is all guts & doesn't run a bad race. How long before Harry Fry is champion trainer in England? He's only 27!

He has been retired according to the Racing Post.

Advertisement