Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting time - offer on Site

Options
  • 12-12-2014 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

A private owner has a site advertised through a local estate agent . It's been advertised for years . I put an offer in on it over 4 weeks ago - roughly 17% Lower than asking price . We have contacted agent and he says he is chasing it up but still hasn't come back with a counter offer or refusal etc.

I have had no luck with any sale even though I'm a cash buyer . When should I forget about it and move on . Every property/ land has some story - owners too attached and change their mind, issues with management company, banks etc the list goes on and on

Happy Christmas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 chocoroll

We have waited for 10 weeks, but that property was banked owned. They accepted our offer in the end. So it's been worth the waiting. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Google it to see when it was last bought, and for how much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

A private owner has a site advertised through a local estate agent . It's been advertised for years . I put an offer in on it over 4 weeks ago - roughly 17% Lower than asking price . We have contacted agent and he says he is chasing it up but still hasn't come back with a counter offer or refusal etc.

I have had no luck with any sale even though I'm a cash buyer . When should I forget about it and move on . Every property/ land has some story - owners too attached and change their mind, issues with management company, banks etc the list goes on and on

Happy Christmas

Have you applied for planning

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I think you have waited more than long enough, and I would suspect that the owner is not really interested in selling.

Just to be sure, contact the EA once more, and say that your offer comes off the table next week if you don't get a response.

Advertisement