Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bt sports showing the bdo worlds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭leoch

Thank god I can't get bt

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

leoch wrote: »
    Thank god I can't get bt

While the standard may not be as good as the PDC, I would much prefer to match the BBC/BT Sports coverage of the darts. They don’t keep banging on about one or two players they give every player the same respect and you don’t have to listen to Wayne Mardel talking through back passage.

I have always enjoyed the BBC coverage of the darts, better interviews and features on the players unlike sky who just bang on about Taylor and Now MVG all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'll still watch it on BBC. Tony Green's wild gaffes make their coverage every year, he's like the Jimmy Magee of darts.

Think the standards have slipped back a lot in the past 2 years or so, but still love it. And partly due to BBC coverage v Sky, and the atmosphere. But if they start that tables v chairs, or Yaya Toure, nonsense...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I don't know if this is correct but I read that the final won't be shown live on BBC.

If that's true, it's terrible for the BDO despite any BT deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I don't know if this is correct but I read that the final won't be shown live on BBC.

If that's true, it's terrible for the BDO despite any BT deal.

That's very sad if true, the BDO final has the highest viewing figures for any darts game played in any organisation year round because of it's place on BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

the bbc must not be to bothered with it as there coverage of big matches only on red button etc makes a joke out of the whole thing

be interesting to see bt coverage of it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,323 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Whilst I'd like to see it confirmed on the BBC website I'm 98% sure that they are showing the final live. Lots of sites are referring to shared coverage of the final, i.e., both BBC and BT showing it live.

"Our final has x times the viewership of the splitters" is just about the last boast the BDO has going for it, so presume they'd want to keep it on the BBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Sounds like a progressive move to btsport, some of the studio sports shows they put on are really good.

BBC & Tony Green are a cure for insomnia.

BBC mustn't give a care about any darts though, Bunting was not even invited to the farce that was sports personality 2014 and he won the world championship on BBC

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

buster180 wrote: »
    While the standard may not be as good as the PDC, I would much prefer to match the BBC/BT Sports coverage of the darts. They don’t keep banging on about one or two players they give every player the same respect and you don’t have to listen to Wayne Mardel talking through back passage.

I have always enjoyed the BBC coverage of the darts, better interviews and features on the players unlike sky who just bang on about Taylor and Now MVG all the time.

Taylor-esque

• Advertisement
Advertisement