Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Irish Courses

Options
  • 11-12-2014 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

Dia Daoibh!

I'd like to work on my Irish... I've successfully learned Spanish to a pretty solid level as an adult and a decent bit of German too. It bugs me that I can speak Spanish and German better than Irish.

Can anyone recommend a good online course I could try?

I was reading a grammar last night but found it didn't explain broad and slender very well, something which never made sense to me in school but I'm assuming isn't that complicated if explained properly...

Only did pass for the leaving cert but at the same time I have this basic understanding and vocab in my head.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 richdee

Try Alison.com. not sure of the standard, but its free, worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭AnLonDubh

Only did pass for the leaving cert but at the same time I have this basic understanding and vocab in my head.
    That's irrelevant, in a good way. When you start learning Irish properly, like you have with Spanish, you'll move beyond "higher level" pretty fast. The Leaving Cert has nothing to do with the actual language.

Duolingo is good, but the audio is very inaccurate, Gaeltalk is probably the best online course at the moment, although it is short.

Advertisement