Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions regarding a one year contract

Options
  • 11-12-2014 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hello guys, I hope you can help.

So, I rented an apartment on July (through an agency), I signed for 1 year. Everything seemed alright, however during this 6 months the boiler broke 3 times, and they hardly do something to fix it. It's a real struggle, I call them, they send an electrician, the electrician says it's not his job but the plumber. The plumber comes in, changes something and it's not that the issue (and I have to wait 24 hours to check it because the boiler need to charge). This happened 3 times. Now even the heaters are kinda broken. I'm kind of sick of all this, is there a way to end the contract and recover the deposit?

It's really annoying because I like the place but it's just too much hassle.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

You're obviously not renting in Dublin I take it - way more hassle finding a place.

That aside, get a plumber in yourself, explain the situation and that you want him to tell you what's wrong. Generally they'll come out and do a free quote. You might slip him a score or whatever to bleed the rads - sounds like thats what's up with those.

Contact the agent armed with the info on what's wrong. Give them ten working days to fix it. If they don't contact Mr. Plumber get him back in and deduct the repair cost fromt the rent.

Sounds to me like the boiler has had it and the LL is unwilling to replace it just keeps farting around repairing it.

ALL THAT SAID: Tread carefully. It does sound as if the agent is responsive to your requests and is doing their best, sometimes these thing can take a while to track down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

you have absolutely no reason to end the contract OP. Besides which the LL appears to be doing everything in their power to sort the issue. Its not the LLs fault if the plumber and electrician he sent out haven't been able to sort it. He can only do what he or she can reasonable do to sort it out.

Advertisement