Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

new clutch & gear box

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭arthur daly

Clutch 100quid gearbox 150cfrim a scrappy
    Plus labour 250ish

Clutch 100quid gearbox 150cfrim a scrappy
    Plus labour 250ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Winnie21

250 total or 500 total? thanks for reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Where are you based? Mr Gearbox in Finglas do reconditioned boxes, you exchange yours. Don't think they're that expensive and definitely better than taking a pot shot on one from a scrapper. They have Punto boxes on the shelf ready to go afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Winnie21

cheers guy - I was hoping to go somewhere that could do all the work (as in supply and carry out labour)... not really sure I'd want to just buy the items myself as wouldn't know what I was doing TBH! So was just wondering what would be a normal price for this. Mechanic quoted 600 for new gearbox/clutch and labour

• Advertisement

Winnie21 wrote: »
    cheers guy - I was hoping to go somewhere that could do all the work (as in supply and carry out labour)... not really sure I'd want to just buy the items myself as wouldn't know what I was doing TBH! So was just wondering what would be a normal price for this. Mechanic quoted 600 for new gearbox/clutch and labour

I doubt that included a new or even reconditioned box fir 600.
    A recon box will be 600ish alone new one 1200.
    He is Defo supply a scrapyard box.
    Still it's not a bad price

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

We heard you the first time Arthur , but funnily enough the more you Say it the more I'm convinced.

Be careful op an 04 punto is not worth a lot , you could possibly sell as is with faults and get another one cheaper than fixing it, and move on !

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

They do the work in Mr Gearbox too. I was skimming tbh , I assumed you were looking for bits for your own mechanic to fit. I'd give them a shout and see. I'd say they've done countless Punto clutches and boxes, theres always a few on the shelf when I've been in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Had my gearbox and clutch fitted there last May. Second time I have had it done. First at 80k and then at 230k. I will never buy a VW Passat B6 ever again'

Advertisement