Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick pay

Options
  • 11-12-2014 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, just wondering how long after you have filled in the forms for sick pay do you receive payment from the social welfare, I'm out sick for the first time and only handed in my forms tues, what do you get? My husband works full time,
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Did you apply for illness benefit?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Daacy

mp22 wrote: »
    Did you apply for illness benefit?

Yes sorry should have stated that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

No payment is made for the first 6 days. http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/345_Illness-Benefit.aspx

Hi thanks for reply, yes I'm aware of the 6 day no pay, I've sent in the long first cert and then this weeks cert, basically I'm wondering if I'll get any pay before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

It would be best to contact illness benefit direct to see what the situation is as this time of the year there are double payments etc.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply, I'll give a ring tomorrow,

Advertisement