Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will this course's points rise?

Options
  • 11-12-2014 4:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Philosophy in Trinity. 400 last year, 435 the 2 years previous. Could anyone make an educated guess as to if it will likely increase or decrease and by how much. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Depends on the amount of people going for it each year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 newsoftheworld

coolerboy wrote: »
    Depends on the amount of people going for it each year.

Well yeah I know that. I'm looking for someone with an idea of if demand will climb for it or not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Well yeah I know that. I'm looking for someone with an idea of if demand will climb for it or not.

In fairness, how can anyone know that? I can't think of anything that would make Philosophy suddenly the need to have degree, so it's possible it will stay much the same, but I can't tell for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 airbuspilot

The demand will rise by 2.1754799999% over last years demand. The number of places available will stay the same rise by 5 places. Therefore the points will go up to 430 points in first round offers and will drop back to 420 in the 2nd round offers. Is that what you wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 airbuspilot

The demand will rise by 2.1754799999% over last years demand. The number of places available will stay the same rise by 5 places. Therefore the points will go up to 430 points in first round offers and will drop back to 420 in the 2nd round offers. Is that what you wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

It's impossible to answer, as it's entirely dependent on supply and demand. Couldn't really see something like philosophy changing much year on year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

3 variables decide points:

Supply
    Demand
    The overall quality of applicants

Impossible to predict.

Advertisement