Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Evolution kit for smart TVs

Options
  • 10-12-2014 4:04pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Do these evolution kits add anything to Samsung TVs?

I have a ES7000 TV and am thinking of getting an Evolution SEK2000 to bring it up to a 2014 year model. If anyone has any experience of them I would like to know what extra do you get.

Does the WiFi still work?
    Does the Freesat work the same?
    How do you switch from Air to Freesat and back again?

I only use the TV as a TV, and for watching the various players. I do not use it with the internet, but if it worked well, that might be interesting. Also, does it mirror Galaxy screens? (The ES7000 does not).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

From what I seen on youtube and various TV tech sites, the evolution kit is used to change the smart features (smart hub) of a 2012 model TV to those of a 2013 model. Have no idea if there is one for a 2014 or 2015 upgrade.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

The SEK 1000 is to bring it up to 2013 (F series). The SEK 2000 brings it up to 2014 (H series). Presumably there will be 2015 version.

What I want to know is are they worth bothering with?

Advertisement