Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sziget Festival 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I would kill to go to the Sziget Festival, I only heard of it a few months ago, but I was totally amazed and stayed up all night researching the festival. Unfortunately I don't think it's possible for me to go next year, as none of my friends are to keen on the idea of going to Hungary for a week long festival, but going to this festival is definitely really high on my bucket list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Mrcher wrote: »
    In my opinion it's the best festival in Europe (and I've been to many of them).

Sziget is great yeah! And love Budapest...but has to be Primavera Sound for best music festival..no? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mrcher

symbolic wrote: »
    Sziget is great yeah! And love Budapest...but has to be Primavera Sound for best music festival..no? :)

When it comes to music, the two differ a lot. Primavera Sound has a great alternative line-up, while Sziget is more mainstream. I think it's a matter of personal taste which festival has the better line-up. For me it was Sziget this year, for others it will be Primavera Sound.

But for me line-up is not the only thing that's important about a festival. In terms of location the festivals score equal points, both Barcelona and Budapest are fantastic cities, but Sziget scores much better when it comes to the vibe and things to do besides watching concerts. I was very disappointed about that when visiting Primavera Sound this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I'm gonna say Sziget is infinitely better than Primavera, only because I secretly love Primavera and dont want too many going :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Was in Sziget in '09, really enjoyed it. Stayed for a week and a half in an apartment in town, the festival site is monstruous. Wasn't too gone on the lineup (as someone else said it's quite mainstream) but glad I went nonetheless. Budapest is a wonderful city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Mrcher

First acts for Sziget Festival 2015: Florence + The Machine, Alt-J, Blasterjaxx, Jamie Woon, Fauve, José Gonzalez, The Subways, Babylon Circus, Kadebostany and Awolnation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ciansheehy

Mrcher wrote: »
    Sziget Festival, 10-17 August 2015, Budapest. In my opinion it's the best festival in Europe (and I've been to many of them).

I've heard it's supposed to be very good. Trying to decide to go or not and just wondering about this whole drinks scenario? I saw that you can't bring in any but how much does it cost in there? how much would you spend per day etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

Anyone have any good stories from Sziget?

Bunch of us heading over for the 7 days in August

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fluuute

any one from ireland heading over ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fluuute

any one from Ireland heading over ?? only going with another mate be cool to meet up ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I had a mate that was at the 2009 edition as well, he said it was amazing. Fluuute are you a member of Efestivals forums, there is a Sziget thread there of about 30 pages for the 2015 edition, register up and get posting there too. http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/188694-sziget-2015/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

ciansheehy wrote: »
    I've heard it's supposed to be very good. Trying to decide to go or not and just wondering about this whole drinks scenario? I saw that you can't bring in any but how much does it cost in there? how much would you spend per day etc?

I'm late but the prices of drink is cheaper than most Irish pubs. I was getting a JD and Coke for less than €4. It was that new honey flavour one as well.

You can get a very large slice of pizza for less than €2. There is a wide selection of food.

It's all loaded onto a festival card as well (like an Oyster card) so no need for cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

i wont be abel to go this year but i will defo try and get there for '16 festival, was in Budapest during the summer also and its an amazing city.

Anyone know what date the festival tickets went on sale first this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GaryB94

fluuute wrote: »
    any one from Ireland heading over ?? only going with another mate be cool to meet up ?

Myself and 5 other fine Irish folk are heading over for the week via Prague. Look out for a massive Irish flag being waved amuck around the place for the whole week. Representin'.

Advertisement