Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rodent contamination of food

Options
  • 10-12-2014 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

This morning I discovered what appears to be rodent bone and hair in a jar of peanut butter; halfway down..

I've emailed the manufacturer and ( bought in N.Ireland) Belfast City Council environmental health dept.

Obviously this isn't acceptable but my main concern is having consumed contaminated food. The supposed sole ingredient is peanuts - organic and roasted.

Could anyone offer any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I am not really sure what advice you are looking for?

if the UK have something similar to the Food Safety Authority it might be worth contacting them and report incident. They made do a recall

If you are concerned that you ate food in contact with rodent bones you could contact your doctor. We cannot give medical advice on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That would be medical advice, which we cannot offer here on Boards. You should contact your GP

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭johnmurph01

Look after your health first, then speak to the food authority. If they are anything like the one in the south your case will be dealt with promptly.

Good luck & good health!

Advertisement