Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Office Info Needed

Options
  • 10-12-2014 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi guys some of you might be able to help me with this.

I missed an item dropped off by the post office on Thursday at 2pm, I could of sworn it said international post.

Anyway yesterday (Tuesday @ 8.15am) I went to the post office collect store and was told the item is gone back as I had three days to collect, I missed the delivery on Thursday but next day I could collect would of been Friday, I didn't even get the three full days.

I gave the girl in the post office bit of an ear full saying even if it was local post I still didn't get my three full days.

Now im after ordering quite a few bits and bobs for the X-Mass so not sure what I missed and I doubt very much the seller put a return address on the packet and it was sent standard post. Most bits were DVD's as gifts.

Anyone know if I have a hope of tracking down or getting this delivery back.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Giving out to the post office girl wont get your item anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

It would surely have a return address. Was this eBay or Amazon or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Alanooh

Giving out to the post office girl wont get your item anyway.

Ya well i was fairly pissed off that it was not there for the three days as stated.

Ruu wrote: »
    It would surely have a return address. Was this eBay or Amazon or what?
    Someone off Adverts I reckon maybe.

Im working 10am to 10pm so done all my shopping online.

Alanooh wrote: »
    Ya well i was fairly pissed off that it was there for the three days as stated.

Friday, Saturday and Monday are 3 days are they not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Alanooh wrote: »
    Someone off Adverts I reckon maybe.

Im working 10am to 10pm so done all my shopping online.

Follow up with the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

If it was an international item, it would should have had a return address on it. The sender would have had to put one on the customs declaration.

The post office are mega fussy about collection days at this time of year. Due to the sheer volume of parcels arriving, they just don't have the space to store shipments for more than the specified three days.

Friday, Saturday and Monday are 3 days are they not?

No it is not Mon-Fri for collections from sorting office.

Ruu wrote: »
    Follow up with the seller.

Not sure which seller they wont know i havent took delivery, 9 times out of 10 when you buy from Adverts they never put a return address on it plus standard post.

My question is how do i go about getting it back.
    Girl never gave me back the page that stated missed delivery she said its no good to you now and good luck she was only a xmass temp

This is from anpost website op.
    Why would you miss a delivery?

If you were out when we tried to deliver your mail and the item:
    • Was too big to get through your letterbox,
    • needs a signature,
    • needs payment.
    What now?

We’ll leave you a “Sorry we missed you” notice which will let you know how you can get your mail item.
    Using the “Sorry we missed you” notice you can
    • Collect your item by calling to the local delivery depot with the “Sorry we missed you” notice and identification.
    • Nominate an agent to collect the item on your behalf. You (the addressee) must sign the “Sorry we missed you” notice and the agent must have this and their own identification to collect the item.
    • Arrange a redelivery of the item online at www.anpost.ie/redelivery to the same or an alternative address. Redeliveries take approximately 2 working days (Redlivery fee €1.00).
    How long do I have to collect it?

• We keep it for five working days
      3 working days if it’s been sent by Registered Post
      16 working days if received from abroad
    • After that, we have to return it to the person who sent it, if there’s a legible address on the outside.
    • If we have to return anything, we’ll attach a sticker explaining why we couldn’t deliver.
    What if there is no return address on the envelope?

• We send mail to the National Returned Letter Centre.
    • Mail from abroad is sent directly to the country of origin.
    • They’ll open the mail and return it if the name and address of the sender is inside, as long as it’s not a newspaper, magazine or advertising.
    What if there is no return address inside?

• If the contents, on examination, appear to be of sentimental, legal or financial value, we’ll hold it for three months.
    • If it’s not claimed within that time, we’ll have to dispose of it.

• Advertisement

Your story don't add up, the post office worker surely knows her job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

She probably wanted to shred it in case you wanted to file a complaint about not getting three full business days to collect your parcel. If they aren't open on Saturday, Tuesday would have been day three. In a perfect world, you should have had until the close of business on day three, to collect it. Unfortunately, this being their busiest time of year, there is probably a fair bit of corner cutting going on and the parcel got sent back on day three itself.

Advertisement