Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to read about the Troubles

Options
  • 10-12-2014 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

It's not my thing myself but my uncle is really into history (went back to college to do a masters in Irish history when he retired just for the craic) and he raves over The Troubles by Tim Pat Coogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Peter Taylor has written some good books, and his Northern Ireland trilogy on the Troubles called, Provos: The IRA and Sinn Féin, Loyalists, and Brits: The War against the IRA. Each book deals with the Northern Irish conflict from the perspective of one of the three main parties involved: the Provisional IRA; the various Loyalist paramilitaries; and the British government and security forces. The trilogy provides an insight into all the main groups involved and the violent and political events that occurred throughout this turbulent period in Anglo-Irish history. Taylor's books feature interviews with people connected to some of the most significant incidents and landmark political events in Northern Ireland during this time.

I thought his books were very intresting and informative.

Advertisement