Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Falsified Identifying Information?

Options
  • 10-12-2014 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭

My third time sifting through records of my year of birth and still nothing that completely matches with identifying information that was provided from agency. I am fully aware of certain agencies falsifying this data to hinder any subsequent searches. If so in my case then what info should i accept as true if indeed any? Closest record I found to info given matched everything bar my mothers christian name. Other records I found were in wrong districts or contained both father and mothers names. Dont know which variables to start with and which not. Any advice would be appreciated
    Kind Regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Did they tell you where you were born? Dh thought he was born in Dublin as he was adopted via St Patricks on Navan Road. His adoptive mum also assumed he was a Dub! Turns out he was born in west of ireland about 40 mins from where he grew up, and then transferred at a few days old with his birth mother to St Pats.
    As regards your bm's name, she may have been christened Mary Ann but just used Ann, for instance. So it may be possible that she put her correct first name on your birth cert.
    It's a pain in the backside trying to figure out what's what. Are you on the Adoption Rights Alliance facebook page? You might get good tips there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

ok thank you. I have emailed them already but awaiting response. Thanks. I know she never wanted to be found so it would not surprise me if all details were false

Advertisement