Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take to get glasses on medical card

Options
  • 09-12-2014 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hello i have really bad eyesight cant see much at all without glasses i lost the glasses i had for over 5 years last week and when i went into buy a new pair the cheapest ones with a eye test were 155 euro, as im on the social welfare i cannot even afford the eye test, ive sent the form away for the eye test and 50 euro pair of glasses but how long will this take to process as im finding it really hard to live my life without them and im afraid il be waiting months

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

Just got a pair.

1 Got Medical form from Spec savers
    2 Took about a week for form to come back from HSE
    3 Made an eye test Appointment with Specsavers when form came back.
    4 About a week until glasses were ready.

Be carefull in specsavers as they will try to sell you a more expensive frame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Vision Express also do glasses on the Medical Card. Their frames are a lot nicer than Specsavers.
    You can only get an eye test/glasses every two years on the Medical Card.

Advertisement