Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Event Management in DIT v Communications in DCU

Options
  • 09-12-2014 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I can't decide between 2 courses - Event Management in DIT and Communications in DCU. Any advice / experience would be greatly appreciated.

I really want to work in the entertainment industry, especially in the music industry. Right now I am sure I want to work in events, however I'm not a big fan of DIT and the course itself seems rather dull, but the course does include alot of work experience which is obviously great. Communications course is really interesting and I love DCU but its a bit broad of a degree, although apparently it is possible to get into event management after it.

If anybody who has / is studying either of these degrees sees this post, please comment your thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

It might be worth considering the Course that provides work experience, events management is an area that is heavily dependent on networking and building contacts to kickstart your career, more so than course content. DIT is not such a bad college.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sp1997372

pauliebdub wrote: »
    It might be worth considering the Course that provides work experience, events management is an area that is heavily dependent on networking and building contacts to kickstart your career, more so than course content. DIT is not such a bad college.

That's a good point actually.. thanks.

Advertisement