Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding out information on land

Options
  • 09-12-2014 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys.

I'm wondering how a person might go about finding out who owns a piece of property or the details around it. My grandfather owned a piece of land near Tralee. I'm just curious to find out who owns the land, or even if it's still in his name.

And also how I would go about acquiring that land if i had the finances to get it.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Xios wrote: »
    Hey Guys.

I'm wondering how a person might go about finding out who owns a piece of property or the details around it. My grandfather owned a piece of land near Tralee. I'm just curious to find out who owns the land, or even if it's still in his name.

And also how I would go about acquiring that land if i had the finances to get it.

The Property Registration Authority is your first port of call http://www.prai.ie/
    You can do an online search and order the document that will show current ownership.
    To buy a piece of land you will need to approach the owner and agree a price, then let your solicitor handle contracts of sale and change of property registration etc.

Advertisement