Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tall Real Christmas Trees..?

Options
  • 09-12-2014 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm wondering if anyone knows where to buy tall real Christmas trees. Lets say 10 Ft or taller. I know the garage place up near Ballyvolane but not sure if they sell them that tall.

Any ideas.? First Christmas in a new apartment and must make the most of it :)

Happy Christmas everyone :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭.red.

Most places selling real trees will cut to order.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,810 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

How high is your ceiling?
    Have you allowed for the stand?
    Even an 8 foot tree won't fit in an average appartement.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

How high is your ceiling?
    Have you allowed for the stand?
    Even an 8 foot tree won't fit in an average appartement.

Ceiling is about 12 ft or there abouts. Its in an old Georgian building near Camden Quay.

Should be able to fit a nice big tree in there comfortably even with stand I think. Just not sure where in Cork to find one at that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Packoman

I think my parents got a pretty big one down by the docks, not sure exactly where though.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

There's a place on centre park Road. I think theirwebsite is the first to come up when you google Christmas trees cork. They might be your best bet. Haven't used them ourselves but I've heard about them in the past.

• Advertisement

calnand wrote: »
    There's a place on centre park Road. I think theirwebsite is the first to come up when you google Christmas trees cork. They might be your best bet. Haven't used them ourselves but I've heard about them in the past.

Just gave it a google, gonna give them a ring and try to drop down after work. Thanks for the tip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Down on Centre park road they have all sizes there, sorry just after seeing someone said this to you. They are loverly down there. If they don't have one call to John Kelly and Sons on the opposite road Monoghan road he had very tall ones there too

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I don't know where they got it, but the Rubicon Center in CIT have a massive one. Maybe you could give them a ring and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

We always get ours from a place in the Blackrock/Mahon area. The first right after the big Supervalu. €50 - and non shedding trees, don't get anywhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I went to look at trees in the place vinta is talking about, it's in a storage yard in behind the old blackrock driving test centre, they had big trees there! They have signs directing the way, they had trees at €50 and €60, even crap smallish trees in B&Q are €59! They had a few leaning up against the wall of the building and they were huge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,432 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Got what we thought was a 10 ' in Maxol in Glasheen, turned out it was a little taller, we kept the top squashed against the ceiling for comedy effect. They're doing tree and stand for €50 (tree €35). Not sure if it's the same price individually.

Thanks for all the replies guys, we tried a few of the places mentioned here and ended up getting one in the garden center up near Montenotte just past the Montenotte Hotel.

We arrived and there were about six trees there, clearly the rejects, then a big truck with about 150 trees arrived so we stood there as they were pulled out checking them out. It was like a Christmas Tree fashion show, so we picked the best of the bunch and all trees were 40 euro. Bargain.!

Not as tall as we wanted but very nice, the tall ones were always very bare at the top :)

RNzsWWp.jpg

ff0nr2r.jpg

Happy Christmas Folks :)

Advertisement