Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumers Association of Ireland query

Options
  • 09-12-2014 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭

Has anybody ever joined this organisation and if so is it worth it ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Why would you? Worth depends on what you are looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

In my opinion, its not worth joining them. Most of the information they provide is available on the net - and boards.

I do listen occasionally to yer man Dermot on Q102 and some of his opinions are interesting. I have heard him cross the line though and I text in to tell him so. One night they said something along the lines of "tell them you were on to us and we could bring it up on the show and that may not be helpful for them"

They "rephrased" it when I pointed out that could be classed as extortion/blackmail.

Its upto yourself though. I dont think they are officially endorsed and have no real power to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

We offer a dedicated advice line that members can contact to help them resolve problematic consumer issues and situations, which will save you money.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

faolteam wrote: »
    We offer a dedicated advice line that members can contact to help them resolve problematic consumer issues and situations, which will save you money.
    You'll get the same here as an online service, free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

for the advice

• Advertisement
Advertisement