Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invalidity pension/partial capacity benefit

Options
  • 08-12-2014 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I was on illness benefit for almost 12 months and wanted to go back to work for a few hours every week. I was granted partial capacity benefit and was assessed as severely incapacitated three months ago. I've just realised that illness benefit only lasts two years though so I have been encouraged to apply for invalidity pension now as it takes months to process apparently. Has anyone ever moved from illness benefit to invalidity pension while getting the partial capacity benefit? My illness is chronic, progressive and very serious and I can just about manage a few hours work every week. Im worried now that because I have been working approx 6-10 hours a week that they will say that I can't get the invalidity oension and will stop my partial capacity benefit because I've been able to work. I need to work those hours for my sanity even though I'm struggling and have to spend several says recovering afterwards. I don't know how to explain this in my application though as invalidity pension essentially means you can't work permanently because of illness. This will happen to me eventually but I'm not willing to give up just yet. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

When you apply, describe your life just as you have done there on a separate sheet and attach it to the form.

They are human, you just have to give all the relevant information.

I can't see a problem. Best of luck with everything!

Advertisement