Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt settlement arrangement

Options
  • 08-12-2014 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi , I'm probably posting this under the wrong heading but I can't figure out what it should be in ... Anyway I'm looking into entering a Debt Settlement Arrangement as I have debts to the bank , credit union , revenue for vat , in all totalling at nearly 80,000€ , it is unsecured , I have not got a mortgage , has anyone an opinion on the DSA that has entered into this already ? Is it worth it , seen as you have to live on a strict budget for up to five years? It's stressing me out , I can't move on with my life as the past is dragging me back , I was flying it a few years ago , then the recession brought it all crashing down

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Suey wrote: »
    Hi , I'm probably posting this under the wrong heading but I can't figure out what it should be in ... Anyway I'm looking into entering a Debt Settlement Arrangement as I have debts to the bank , credit union , revenue for vat , in all totalling at nearly 80,000€ , it is unsecured , I have not got a mortgage , has anyone an opinion on the DSA that has entered into this already ? Is it worth it , seen as you have to live on a strict budget for up to five years? It's stressing me out , I can't move on with my life as the past is dragging me back , I was flying it a few years ago , then the recession brought it all crashing down

MABS or a good solicitor/insolvency practitioner. If its good enough for the rich and upwardly mobile it's good enough for you. If you were in business make sure you structure it properly next time in case it goes tits-up that's what limited liability companies are there for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

The fact is that if you have €80,000 of unsecured debt you are struggling to repay then you probably already live on a strict budget.

The reasonable living expenses of the ISI seem fair, and at the end of the process you are completely free and clear of all that unsecured debt. Its a real second chance.

There is information and testimonials on <www.backontrack.ie>. Only you can judge whether it is for you though.

Advertisement