Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the best comic book store in Dublin

Options
  • 08-12-2014 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I'm really interested in Comics like allot of old ones from the 90's 60's etc
    anyone got any idea of wheres the best value comic store in Dublin that may sell old school ones Aswell as modern comics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

You could try Sub City on Dame street, Or Forbidden Planet on Crampton quay. They are great shops.
    But If I was looking for 60's and 70's comics I would go into the New comic shop in St. Stephens green centre. https://www.facebook.com/htcomicsdublin
    They have a huge collection of Old comics, as well as most of the weekly US and UK comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭HW100S

Sub City on Dame street

• Registered Users Posts: 12,323 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

are these 3 that are mentioned the only ones left in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 padimus2

Your options are:
    Dublin City Comics on Bolton street. Mainly new issues and toys / collectables.
    Sub City on Dame street. New issues, decent trade paperback selection and some older issues
    Forbidden planet on the quays. New issues. Moderate trade paperback selection.
    Hidden treasures in Stephen's green. Tons of back issues, New issues.
    Big Bang in Dundrum, mostly new stuff, with an emphasis on indie titles also.

I buy from them all on occasion, but Dublin City comics also provide me with my plastic crack so I shop there more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Ste_JDM

thanks for the info. didn't even know there was a place I'm Stephens green

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Murphd5

Must check out that Stephen's Green place. Is it that good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Murphd5 wrote: »

Great for back issues but not much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

Murphd5 wrote: »

Certainly worth a visit, tonnes of Back issues, decent amount of collectibles and a limited new section. Very friendly staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Certainly worth a visit, tonnes of Back issues, decent amount of collectibles and a limited new section. Very friendly staff.

Very true. Was only in the once but got talking to the guy working there and he was lovely. He also helped my gf's mother pick out some presents for me for Xmas just gone so that was cool!

Advertisement