Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Interview Question: How would you assess your own performance when working as part of

Options
  • 08-12-2014 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi,

I went for an interview for a job where I would be working as part of a team and I was asked the following question: "How would you assess your own performance when working as part of a team?"

The question had me completely stumped if I'm being honest.

Anyone any ideas how I should have answered the question? Or even the right answer to the question for that matter

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Well you could ask the team leader for feedback....
    or you could ask some of your colleagues for feedback ...
    observation: compare your output to colleagues...
    Ask for feedback from the teams 'customers' - the people your team services

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Interviews can be such bull can't they?

"I'd need to assess my personal performance within the team, but also the performance of the team within the organisation - there's no point in me trying to be a standout performer within the team, if the team as a whole isn't contributing to the overall company performance. I'd assess myself on three criteria; my own performance, my contributions to the team itself and my team's contribution to the overall success of the company. In my previous roles I've been a solid performer within a team, I've mentored and assisted fellow team members and at the forefront of my mind would be the contribution that the team is expected to make to the company."

Or some such answer perhaps (if a very formal interview).

Advertisement