Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

looking for Drivers theory test car / moped advice

Options
  • 08-12-2014 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

So i am going to be doing my drivers theory test for a car in the new year hopefully January
    A car is a B license if i am not mistaken. Will this let me drive mopeds up to 50cc aswell ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

No, not anymore. It used to be the way that a B license or permit included the old M category - now AM - as well, but that was done away with in 2005, IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Oldschoolguy

jimgoose could you advice what theory tests / licences do i need for both ?

jimgoose could you advice what theory tests / licences do i need for both ?

You'll need to do two separate theory tests, one for category B and the other for category A, I think.

jimgoose Thanks i'll have to look into that now

jimgoose Thanks i'll have to look into that now

Make sure you get a learner permit with category A on it as well as B, assuming you're over 24.

• Advertisement

jimgoose Thanks i'm well past 24 mate :-)

jimgoose Thanks i'm well past 24 mate :-)

Good. That means you can go straight for category A, no restrictions and no bullshít. Keep 'er lit, hi! ;)

Advertisement