Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

part time job incentive scheme

Options
  • 08-12-2014 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

I have the possibility of starting part time work, 2 days per week in January. I rang my swo to ask about the part time job incentive scheme and was told that you only qualify if you work for 5 days per week and less than 24hrs. There is no mention of 5 days per week on the dsp website, just says you have to work less than 24 hrs per week. The woman said if you work less than 5 days you should apply for the casual work scheme. That does not make sense though because the max no. of days you can work on that is 3. What does someone who works 4 days per week do? Am I correct in thinking she got it wrong and there is no 5 day rule with the part time job incentive scheme?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭king2

can someone answer this or does noone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

king2 wrote: »
    can someone answer this or does noone know?

There is no 5 day rule for PTJI. Normally most people who go for it would be working more than 4 days but less than 24 hours. Financially casual might be better as the max you can get on PTJI is €119 assuming you currently receive at least that amount for a single claim or €193 for a joint claim. The rate on PTJI remains constant and if you work from than 24 hours any week you can no longer claim it. If you get no work the rate stays the same. If you are casual and you work 4 days you just receive no payment that week and it picks up the next payable week. If you get no work you get your full current payment.

It is situation based as to the best option for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭king2

Sue Ellen wrote: »
    There is no 5 day rule for PTJI. Normally most people who go for it would be working more than 4 days but less than 24 hours. Financially casual might be better as the max you can get on PTJI is €119 assuming you currently receive at least that amount for a single claim or €193 for a joint claim. The rate on PTJI remains constant and if you work from than 24 hours any week you can no longer claim it. If you get no work the rate stays the same. If you are casual and you work 4 days you just receive no payment that week and it picks up the next payable week. If you get no work you get your full current payment.

It is situation based as to the best option for you.

Thanks for that, so I did get misinformation from the swo, and she sounded so much like she knew what she was talking about.

Advertisement