Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low % French Cider in Dublin

Options
  • 08-12-2014 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭

Anyone well any decent low % French ciders that go well with dinner?
    Had a few in France, usually come in wine style bottles and have a nice low %.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Lidl up here sell this one. It's 4.5%.

DucDeCoeurCidreDeNormandie-178x300.jpg

From what I remember, any other French ciders I've ever seen in Dublni were always 6%+.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

If you're about Dublin 6, have a look in Redmond's of Ranelagh. They usually have a good selection of this sort of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Anyone well any decent low % French ciders that go well with dinner?
    Had a few in France, usually come in wine style bottles and have a nice low %.

Breton style tends to be lower abv if you can find it, as suggest by the Beernut, Redmond's is a good place to look

• Registered Users Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

We often bring cidre doux (c 2%) back from France, but I don't see it on sale here (other than Lidl and I would second the above comment on its quality).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Yep, Redmonds have some nice doux going at the minute. O'Brien's should carry some, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Unfortunately you wont be getting Doux at 1.50 a bottle like it is in France :(

The Vineyard in Belfast and Sainsburys stock some at more reasonable prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Marks and Spencers do a Breton Cider as well thats low ABV. The price is expensive though especially if you compare it to the price of cider in the French Supermarkets.

Advertisement