Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair flight time change

Options
  • 07-12-2014 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭

Ryanair have changed the time of a flight I have booked for February by an hour. The new time doesn't suit me to travel at. How hard will it be to get a refund on the flight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Happened to me about a year ago. I accepted the new time but I also had the option for a refund. They sent me an email with a link and I was given 2 options, one to accept the changes or to process a refund. Our flight change was somewhere around 9 hours though (9pm, changed to 12pm) so I don't know if that will have a baring on getting a refund since it's only an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Ryanair have changed the time of a flight I have booked for February by an hour. The new time doesn't suit me to travel at. How hard will it be to get a refund on the flight?

You are entitled to a full refund, if the new departure time is 3 or more hours later/earlier than the original one.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/what-happens-if-my-flight-is-schedule-changed-by-ryanair/

If it is just an hour, than I am afraid you are out of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Happened to me about a year ago. I accepted the new time but I also had the option for a refund. They sent me an email with a link and I was given 2 options, one to accept the changes or to process a refund. Our flight change was somewhere around 9 hours though (9pm, changed to 12pm) so I don't know if that will have a baring on getting a refund since it's only an hour.
    ProudDUB wrote: »
    You are entitled to a full refund, if the new departure time is 3 or more hours later/earlier than the original one.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/what-happens-if-my-flight-is-schedule-changed-by-ryanair/

If it is just an hour, than I am afraid you are out of luck.

Cheers. They're not accomodating me at all. No refund, no change of flight. Not surprised really!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Ryanair sent an email last night saying have changed the flight time by about 6 hours and have offered a refund.

The change in flight time means I won't arrive at my destination till about 21:30. This means I loss almost half a day which doesn't suit.

I have tried looking at other alternatives but as the flight is in July, the fares have soared. :rolleyes:

Is there anything I can do ?

e.g. Would ryanair have to pay for the new flight?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

If you book with a different airline? No, they are under no obligation to pay for a different flight, on a different airline. They'll just refund you the money paid for their flight that was changed. If there is another Ryanair flight on the same day, they should try to get you on that one at no charge. If you have travel insurance, you could make a claim with them for the additional cost of having to book a second flight, but Ryanair won't do any for you, other than refund the original one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

ProudDUB wrote: »
    If you book with a different airline? No, they are under no obligation to pay for a different flight, on a different airline. They'll just refund you the money paid for their flight that was changed. If there is another Ryanair flight on the same day, they should try to get you on that one at no charge. If you have travel insurance, you could make a claim with them for the additional cost of having to book a second flight, but Ryanair won't do any for you, other than refund the original one.

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking of sticking with ryanair but changing route.

Advertisement