Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Practical things in Apartment Purchase

Options
  • 06-12-2014 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi guys,
    Forgive me if this seems like a silly question but I want to ask about others experiences of buying an apartment. I have gone sale agreed and things are progressing quickly. How does one address the sellers to ask basic things- like how does the heating /immersion work, what tv/Internet providers are available etc? Are these things usually just left to the buyer to figure out for themselves?
    Thanks for any input!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭greasepalm

seller or owner i would ask for guidance of controls in new gaff as you dont want to be left in the cold,write them down on paper to pass it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Send a list of questions to the Estate Agent

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

ask the questions but take them with a pinch of salt e.g. some people will tell you only sky is available because its the only thing on their mind. Likewise they may have no understanding of thermostats and timers and constantly pumping out heat. But ask the Qs anyhow, you can google most answers once you know your setup.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

The best thing to do is to call in to the complex and speak with current residents. Also if you call at different times of the day and evening you will get a feel for the place. While the matters you mention are important your solicitor will be requesting details of the management company, sinking fund, management fees, number of owners in arrears, future planned expenditure which may involve a levy. If not satisfied with those answers walk away fast

Advertisement