Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strangest thing you heard on public transport

Options
  • 06-12-2014 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I heard a story where a woman was on a train and she was changing internet providers and a few minutes later, another guy on the train texted her, her bank details, her address etc and kindly told her to be quiet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Breadwoman wrote: »
    I heard a story where a woman was on a train and she was changing internet providers and a few minutes later, another guy on the train texted her, her bank details, her address etc and kindly told her to be quiet

There was a girl desperately trying to cling on to a relationship in fullblown earshot of the rest of the upper deck of the bus.

This had been going on since town well passed UCD. She was saying thing like "but I tried not to be too needy I even gave you time to yourself... but why do you want to take a break?" etc etc...

Eventually somebody who was sick of this got up to her and said "listen love nobody on the bus needs to hear your ****e like this, and clearly the reason that this bloke doesn't want to know you anymore is because he's told you that you're too needy and yet you keep calling him over and over again when you're on the ****ing bus. Chap probably just wants some peace and quiet!".

After this she just got up off the bus and left without saying another word.

That poor bloke...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Spaniel heaven

Crazy cat lady sang a lullaby to her cat which she had with her on the Cork to Dublin train. It lasted forever and was FREAKY!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

We're on the train and it's arriving early.....oh wait that was a dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I once heard a woman explaining to a complete stranger that she had met her partner on a bondage website...

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I once heard a woman explaining to a complete stranger that she had met her partner on a bondage website...

Find out what site it was ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    Find out what site it was ??
    No, I didn't.. The poor woman's reaction was priceless though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Remember being on a train sin Spain (it was not on a plain) and listening to a guy having a row with his girlfriend.

The gist of it was he had flown from Melilla (one of the Spanish cities in Morocco) to Malaga and was going to visit his family. His GF seemingly didn't believe him so he had to repeat over and over that he hadn't just upped and left her without saying anything, that he'd left the money for the rent on the table beside the door, that she shouldn't answer the door if someone came looking for him and he'd fed the cat before he left. He also said that when he reached his family's house, he'd get his ma to ring the girlfriend and confirm that he was indeed on the mainland and that it wasn't a trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Some girl years ago after the Micheal Jackson interview with Martin Bashir (?)

(in dublin accent)
    " I don't think Michael Jackson did it, cos think about it like - he's got loads of money, if he was gay he could have any bloke he wanted - he wouldn't need to molest a 10 year old boy "

:O :O :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Not sure how many will get this.
    On the green line bus awhile back stuck in ploughing traffic.
    2 young people who got on in Kildare town were giving out about the amount of people who go thru all the hardship of driving, traffic, paying in, crowds and muck to watch tractors drive thru a field....hmmm townies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

When I was about 20 I heard a conversation on the back of the bus was about 5-6 girls shouting about a girl they hated etc and they were going to get one day and beat up they had all this planned the most thing that shocked me was when they said the name was a girl I used to babysit from a baby these girls were around 14-16, All that they were was jealous this girl was blessed with beauty and well mannered, I decided id get up and tell them they woudln't be going near her that theyd have to go through me first ( I wouldn't have put my hand near them not violet one bit) they were quiet then never said a word all way until was there stop thankfully she wasnt touched, I always think what they might have done if I didnt speak up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Heard two girls discussing freshers week and how one of their classmates had never drank before so when she woke up she thought she was actually dying and called an ambulance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

lynski wrote: »
    Heard two girls discussing freshers week and how one of their classmates had never drank before so when she woke up she thought she was actually dying and called an ambulance.

With a good bit of drinking experience I still nearly do this the odd time...:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Overheard a young couple on Dublin Bus one evening discussing, at length, which duvet cover they would put on when they were changing the bed linen. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Overheard a young couple on Dublin Bus one evening discussing, at length, which duvet cover they would put on when they were changing the bed linen. :confused:
    So what did they decide on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

MrVestek wrote: »
    So what did they decide on?

The 'good' one.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Heard a guy recently telling a complete stranger all about his experiences with Italian typewriters many years ago!

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

"Whitney & Britney....ger over he'er"

*shudders*:o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Back in my early twenties I was on a train and was sitting in a seat in front of a guy I only knew to see. He was going out with a girl I knew to see to (they weren't people I gave a sh*t about) but he took a call on his mobile (relatively new gadgets back then) and from his one side of the conversation it was clear he was chatting to a mate about the other woman in his life!
    His face dropped later on when we both stood up to get off at the same stop but like I said I couldn't give a sh*t but it thought me a lesson about talking very openly on public transport!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Back in my early twenties I was on a train and was sitting in a seat in front of a guy I only knew to see. He was going out with a girl I knew to see too (they weren't people I gave a sh*t about) but he took a call on his mobile (relatively new gadgets back then) and from his one side of the conversation it was clear he was chatting to a mate about the other woman in his life!
    His face dropped later on when we both stood up to get off at the same stop but like I said I couldn't give a sh*t but it taught me a lesson about talking very openly on public transport!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

My OH heard this on a train from Dublin back to Kerry.

Apparently an couple in their fifties boarded the train at Heuston station. They were heading back down to Limerick. For the whole journey the wife was on the phone. The OH wasn't listening to her at first as he had being at a gig followed by a night of drinking and said he couldn't have given a damn about what she was on about. But when she started talking about coffin sizes, types and prices he started paying attention. He soon realised that the woman was organising a funeral over the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hank scorpio89

not strange but i always remember 2 scaldies having a conversation loudly as they like to and one of them goes so i says to her what do ya want on your bread ..and the other one jumped in with buuuuutttttaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Heard this once "My wife has had a baby and you're to blame"

It was said to a woman!

Would love to have heard the rest of that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Sleveile

Many moons ago on the bus, the good old 123, had to listen to 3 lads go over their plans for what could only have been a robbery. Was sitting in front of them and couldnt help but listen. Just before they got off the bus one of them put his hand on my shoulder ( i nearly filled me jocks) and said "what do you think of that Tonto?". All I could say was no idea what you're talking about to which he replied "good answer".

Advertisement