Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a CE scheme on Tuesday, a quick question.

Options
  • 06-12-2014 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭

I'm starting a community employment scheme on Tuesday, will my payment remain the same at my local post office as of before or do you have to make arrangements to get it transferred to a bank account. I relying on my usual payment on Monday as I have to pay my months rent, so if the CE scheme is different it could upset my rent payment.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

Usually transferred to the bank, you will need to give the CE supervisor your bank details and it will be done through payroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

If your stuck you could ask new employer for an advance but c.e. is usually paid on the Thursday/Friday, start monday must get paid that friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My partner is on a CE Scheme and his employer pays him by cheque every Thursday. Bank cash it straight away for him though as it's not crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

I'm starting a community employment scheme on Tuesday, will my payment remain the same at my local post office as of before or do you have to make arrangements to get it transferred to a bank account. I relying on my usual payment on Monday as I have to pay my months rent, so if the CE scheme is different it could upset my rent payment.

You should get paid 4 days on Tuesday this week ( Wed to Sat) and the CE scheme should pick up payment then, frequently that payment would be the week after you start. Check with CE supervisor on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sue Ellen wrote: »
    You should get paid 4 days on Tuesday this week ( Wed to Sat) and the CE scheme should pick up payment then, frequently that payment would be the week after you start. Check with CE supervisor on Monday.

That would be handy to get paid for the last week and the CE to kick in next week, cheers for the info everyone.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
Advertisement