Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whiskey and Irish Coffee

Options
  • 05-12-2014 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Which would give a stronger taste or sense of whiskey in an irish coffee, bushmills or jameson.... just the basic ones.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

tbh having tried both i couldn't really tell the difference, as long as it's a double measure at the minimum :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Has to be Powers imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I would go for a cheap whiskey when you're adding coffee, sugar and cream. Not bad whiskey, but there's hardly any need for a more refined whiskey?

I'm open to being contradicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

nosietoes wrote: »
    I would go for a cheap whiskey when you're adding coffee, sugar and cream. Not bad whiskey, but there's hardly any need for a more refined whiskey?
    I'm open to being contradicted.

An 'irish' coffee is a great way to enjoy spirits you wouldn't be able to enjoy any other way... e.g. stuff picked up abroad in airport.

No point in putting the good stuff into it, go for Tesco, LIDL or ALDI's own brand Irish whiskey and save yourself a few bob.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

odyssey06 wrote: »
    An 'irish' coffee is a great way to enjoy spirits you wouldn't be able to enjoy any other way... e.g. stuff picked up abroad in airport.

No point in putting the good stuff into it, go for Tesco, LIDL or ALDI's own brand Irish whiskey and save yourself a few bob.

The only irish whiskey aldi have is €18.50 and bushmills for €19 something, so might as well get the bushmills. They have cheaper scottish whiskey but that is very mild compare to irish.

Might try powers if i can get it for €20

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

danjo-xx wrote: »
    The only irish whiskey aldi have is €18.50 and bushmills for €19 something, so might as well get the bushmills. They have cheaper scottish whiskey but that is very mild compare to irish.

Might try powers if i can get it for €20

The Aldi whiskey is probably the best of those 3, tbh.

irish_goat wrote: »

Really! Anyone else agree with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭donegal_man

irish_goat wrote: »

Would agree with you there. I've never tried the Scotch but Clontarf is good stuff much better depth of flavour than Bushmills.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Spaniel heaven

Ah here now you leave my beloved bush mills alone.... and don't be adding it to things.

HA no but powers is nice in a coffee, bushmills isn't great.

Just splash out buy a bottle of everything and test test test.

I see supervalue has 700ml powers gold label €20 ends tomorrow, (€28 in tesco,) think i'll run with this:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement