Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Audio Interface

Options
  • 05-12-2014 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hey,

Looking to buy an audio interface in order to get my synth and bass hooked up to my laptop. The Native Instruments Audio 6, Focusrite 2i4 and the AKAI EIE Pro seem to be in my price range and are what I'm looking for but to be honest I don't really know much about this end of production. Anyone have any experience with these interfaces or other suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭fitz

CianSmyth wrote: »
    Hey,

Looking to buy an audio interface in order to get my synth and bass hooked up to my laptop. The Native Instruments Audio 6, Focusrite 2i4 and the AKAI EIE Pro seem to be in my price range and are what I'm looking for but to be honest I don't really know much about this end of production. Anyone have any experience with these interfaces or other suggestions?

Thanks

Mac or PC?
    Not a lot of choice at that price range.
    A friend has the Focusrite, seems solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭CianSmyth

Using a 2013 Macbook Pro 15inch running Ableton 9

CianSmyth wrote: »
    Using a 2013 Macbook Pro 15inch running Ableton 9

Worth liking at the latest Apogee One too then.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭CianSmyth

Need Midi in/out to trigger my synth am looking at the 6i6 instead of the 2i4

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

I tend to go all-or-nothing with interfaces: either primo hi-end or budget interface. I find that the offerings in the middle are uninspiring grot-boxes-with-knobs types of affairs - sad-sounding preamps. I did have an NI Guitar Rig interface once and thought it sounded OK and it had impressive latency figures, didn't like it enough to keep it however.

• Advertisement

TroutMask wrote: »
    I tend to go all-or-nothing with interfaces: either primo hi-end or budget interface. I find that the offerings in the middle are uninspiring grot-boxes-with-knobs types of affairs - sad-sounding preamps. I did have an NI Guitar Rig interface once and thought it sounded OK and it had impressive latency figures, didn't like it enough to keep it however.

That's kinda why I suggested the Apogee...limited features, but quality conversion.

As for the midi, better off getting one of these than trying to find an interface with midi, that just limits your choices:
    http://www.roland.com/products/en/UM-ONE_mk2/

Advertisement