Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania- seal onphone boxes broken

Options
  • 05-12-2014 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

As the title says, I've bought two smartphones as presents from pixmania and the security seal on both the boxes were broken and taped back up with a white sticky label.

The courier box was okay so this must have happened before they were shipped.
    Should I be concerned? I've sent an email off to pixmania, but I'm not expecting a reply soon so I thought I'd post here too.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Maybe it was to add an IRL/UK plug to the box instead of an EU one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

Maybe it was to add an IRL/UK plug to the box instead of an EU one?

No, the plug adapter came separate. However, looking at the bar code the writing looked eastern European so I opened one and the manual is in Czech. So maybe you are on to something there. The charger is samsung branded but has a fixed wire rather than a USB port that I'm used to. Maybe they opened it up to change the charger?

Edit: quick Google says that plug in France and Czech the same. So probably not the charger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

Opened up and phones are working fine, no cosmetic damage. Both phones were in eastern European and had a wifi point (skdnet ? I think) so my current thinking is excess stock/display model

Advertisement