Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*** Match Thread*** Tuesday 9nd Dec Vs Monks 8pm Benildus

• 05-12-2014 3:57pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Tough loss to take last week, need to bounce back before.
    While our results havent been good we are only 5 points away from 3rd spot.

Lets get 2 good results pre-christmas.

Cathal - In
    Ciaran -
    Damo -
    Darren - In
    Derek -
    Derek McL -
    Ed - In
    Jules - In

Keith - In
    SteK -
    SteMcd -
    Dave -
    Calvin - Out
    Kieran - In
    Al -
    Dave O'toole -
    Kenny -
    Jack -

Jack if you can PM me your number i'll add you to the teamer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

Im out of action next week lads and maybe the week after aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

In

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I probably wont be there lads sorry, my hamstring is still really sore from pulling it last week. Id say i will be out for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Gutted to miss the last 2 games due to being away with work. Sounds like a tough last quarter of last week’s game after doing quite well before then. And can imagine the decision in the game before that was very frustrating.

But good to see there’s been plenty of discussion focusing more on the things that are in our control than those that are not in our control, like the ref. Our points total is for me a bit understated as I think we’ve shown that on our day and with good availability of our squad, we belong in this league. Maybe not title contenders as things stand right now, but once we learn from this season there’s no reason why we won’t be in the running next season as we definitely have the players.

Getting caught out on the counter has been called out a few times. Previously, we’d say there was the tendency to call out the one or two times that would happen a season, without calling out the multiples of that we’d score in return as a result of pushing up high and acknowledge that it was the right approach on balance. But we’ve also said we need to adapt and play the game that’s in front of us, and it’s clear that the standard in this league is higher, so you’re more open to getting punished on the counter and we’re seeing it more often. The Benildus pitch also gives more space to play those counters into.

So lads have spotted a pattern and called it out and I know it’ll be taken onboard. That’s something that’s within our ability to control so hopefully we’ll be that bit smarter and tighter as a result. It’s changes like that that’ll make us harder to beat and get us higher up the table.

Looking forward to getting back into the mix tomorrow and getting back to winning ways.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cathal - In
    Ciaran -
    Damo - In
    Darren - In

Derek -
    Derek McL - In
    Ed - In
    Jules - In

Keith - In
    SteK - Out
    SteMcd -
    Dave - In
    Calvin - Out
    Kieran - In
    Al - Injured
    Kenny - Out

Jack - In

• Advertisement

Lookin at the numbers I can imagine a few draft ins will be needed tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

mrDerek wrote: »
    Lookin at the numbers I can imagine a few draft ins will be needed tomorrow
    Yeah you got some uninjured buddies?

Mousewar wrote: »
    Yeah you got some uninjured buddies?

Uninjured but not unattached the grass leagues are still running as well before the break so most will be training, I'll try kings see what he's doing

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

won't be playing but looks like i'll be up to watch.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lads if anyone has a ball can they bring it?
    Des cant make it tonight so we need one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭asdfgh86

As Derek said last week, if people could keep the Champions League scores quiet that'd be great. Gonna watch the games when I get back.

Cheers,

You get anyone Derek?

Mousewar wrote: »
    You get anyone Derek?

Kings hasn't gotten back yet

We have 12 now so we should be grand

Cathal - In
    Ciaran -
    Damo - In
    Darren - In

Derek -
    Derek McL - In
    Ed - In
    Jules - In

Keith - In
    SteK - Out
    SteMcd -
    Dave - In
    Calvin - Out
    Kieran - In
    Al - Injured
    Kenny - Out

Jack - In

Luke - In
    Liam - In

Ex boards player and brother of exboards player (and current team member of Eds team) helping us out

solid win decent performances all around and some great goals by dave and jules

soured a bit by the refs crap decisions their centre defenders were hacking the **** outa me and grabbin my jersey at every possible opportunity and he didnt catch a single one :/ also i could be wrong but was your man in the red shorts the last man back who fouled me? if so shocking that he wasnt given a yellow let alone red.
    also i didnt know keepers were allowed to slide tackle :O

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

Good to hear.

Yeah, cracking goals. Each of them were from the outside the box were they?

Thought centre mid looked really good tonight. Jack was very strong and Darren broke up play a lot and spread the ball very well.

Great to get a win on that pitch. I love playing on it despite our difficulties there in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh Derek, blatant yellow, I'd assumed a yellow had been given as i remember being surprised he was still on. Tbh, he gets so many cards the ref probably just got tired of fishing then out to him.

Some quality possession into that gale in the first half. Some good composure shown all across the park. We can build on that

very composed performance and nice to get 3 points on the board

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

our best performance in a long time, especially in the first half against a gale force storm, we played great football and could/should have went in 2 or 3 up.

need to take the quality of opposition into account of course, but at the same time weve lost 2 games this season to teams we should not be losing to so i guess its good progress.

in terms of the season itself, it looks like the top 2 are out on their own, we are 11 points behind o dwyers if they win their game in hand and 10 behind bowser. Dell are next in line and depending on their result last night and their game in hand , are potentially 3 or 4 points off those 2.

after that, theres a group of 4 or 5 teams all around the same points - out first aim is to get top of that group, then reel in Dell and then try to close on the top two but i think at moment unless we go on a 6 or 7 game winning streak, we are playing for 3rd place. its an awful pity that we dropped 6 silly points to full irish and dargle, but these things happen - wed be in a decent position had we won those 2 games.

we play Dell next week, they are solid, 4-4-2, get everybody behind the ball and then counter attack in numbers and with pace, pretty much what the main teams in the league have done to us already . we need to beat them, but last time we played them the 3-2 scoreline flattered us, they should have won by 3 or 4.

onwards and upwards hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Funnily enough the team we were 3-0 up against at the start of the year are on top, we have the levels to be up there just need to do it on a consistent basis.

Advertisement