Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend apartment let

Options
  • 05-12-2014 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Is there anyone on Boards that rent out their apartments in Dublin at weekends for concert or rugby/football games?

If so, is it a lot of hassel? What could you expect to get for a large one bed apartment for say a Fri/Saturday night?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Murray007 wrote: »
    Is there anyone on Boards that rent out their apartments in Dublin at weekends for concert or rugby/football games?

If so, is it a lot of hassel? What could you expect to get for a large one bed apartment for say a Fri/Saturday night?

Have a look on AirBnB for the going rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Murray007

Have a look on AirBnB for the going rate.

Does anyone have any direct experience of being a host on this accomodation service?

Do guests tend to be very self sufficient or not?

Any other experiences?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Murray007 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any direct experience of being a host on this accomodation service?

Do guests tend to be very self sufficient or not?

Any other experiences?

I haven't been a host but there's a couple of different ways of doing it. You can rent out a spare room or the whole flat. When renting the whole flat the person(s) tend to be self sufficient.

There tends to be cleaning fees and the likes for renting out the whole place. I'm not sure of the full details but look into the terms on the site and see if it suits. The other thing to think about is how, where, when to meet them to give and get back the keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,823 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've been a guest. Far rather be self-sufficient - provided you have enough info you a website or something for me to know exactly where you are.

Advertisement