Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place to get tyres

Options
  • 05-12-2014 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good place in or around the city (Glanmire/Blackpool/Ballyvolane areas even better) to get new tyres? I'll be getting good brands so not looking for the cheapest tyres but the most reasonable for the better brands including fitting. Interested in winter tyres possibly or all season. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

john banks turners x

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

These days I arrr mostly using Automotif on the Kinsale Road, across the road from Harvey Norman. Semperit Speedlife 225/55/R16 around €130 per-corner, fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Alans Tyres beyond Grandons in Glanmire

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deecee1

+1 for Alans Tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I find who you use depends on size and brand you want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

Another +1 for Alans tyres glanmire,

Dessie's tyres blackpool if your looking for premium, haven't been myself here but have heard they can be expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

kooga wrote: »
    john banks turners x

+1 for these guys, been going to them for years and feel I get value for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Another one here for Alans Tyres. Very good service and value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Jimmy Jimmy all the way. his down by the quays..great chap

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭tinz18

I got good tyres for €65 per tyre in Dessie's tyres in Blackpool. They're bridgestone so good quality afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Thanks everyone, great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

I would recommend Richard Carr in Fastfit, Togher. Good quality tyres with excellent service at a great price. Have been with them for years.

http://www.fastfit.ie/branches/cork.php

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DeadlyH83

What do people make of these 30 euro remould tires?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

DeadlyH83 wrote: »

I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. They're cheap for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

DeadlyH83 wrote: »

I could be wrong here, but I don't think they're remoulds. I believe the fella near Victoria Cross is reselling part-worns from the Continent, where they chop-and-change between Winter and Summer tyres and often don't bother putting the previous season's part-used tyres back on. There's value to be had, but go in with eyes wide open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

I used Dessie's in Blackpool last Christmas in a bit of a crisis and they were absolutely fantastic to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Fastfit togher, dessies, christy's tyres,there's a few others around as well but they are either gangsters or a bunch of rats

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

KC161 wrote: »
    Fastfit togher, dessies, christy's tyres,there's a few others around as well but they are either gangsters or a bunch of rats

I'll second Dessie's Tyres. Very good to deal with. But I would certainly avoid Christy's......he fixed a puncture for me last year. I had a blowout in the same tyre only the next week. Took it to
    Dessie's and they said straight out to me that whoever did the puncture repair did a very bad job on it. I was lucky I was only doing 50 kph in town when the blowout happened. Had I been doing double the speed on a main road I could have been in serious $hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

grenache wrote: »
    I'll second Dessie's Tyres. Very good to deal with. But I would certainly avoid Christy's......he fixed a puncture for me last year. I had a blowout in the same tyre only the next week. Took it to
    Dessie's and they said straight out to me that whoever did the puncture repair did a very bad job on it. I was lucky I was only doing 50 kph in town when the blowout happened. Had I been doing double the speed on a main road I could have been in serious $hit.

Funnily enough actually i once got a tyre from him that I blew within a month of purchase, haven't bought from him since 2009 but that's purely down to a variety of different reasons, primarily not living nearby anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Glounthaune Tyres are good too - reasonable prices and fast. They put new all seasons on my car a couple of weeks ago and I'm delighted with them.

Advertisement