Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I send money from an English acc to and Irish one

Options
  • 05-12-2014 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

Any ideas? Why do I need. Can I do it over the internet easily? (I have all the details) - btw I'm with Barclays in the UK

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

Probably only possible by the customer online if they have online banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Set it to 88mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

You'll need the IBAN and BIC of the account you are sending the money to. They won't be able to send it with just the normal account number and sort code. I was with natwest but I was able to set it up in online banking with a card reader.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭parc

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    You'll need the IBAN and BIC of the account you are sending the money to. They won't be able to send it with just the normal account number and sort code. I was with natwest but I was able to set it up in online banking with a card reader.

Ah yeah, I've got that and do all my banking form my app now (which acts as a card reader)

So it's pretty easy? Are there any other charges besides the currency exchange rate?

I know I can't do it from BOI UK to BOI Ireland but I can transfer from Ireland to UK. Probably gonna lose me as a customer because of it.

Barclays say it is possible though http://ask.barclays.co.uk/help/travel_international/payabroad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

You need to offer a human sacrifice to the banking god's

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I know I can't do it from BOI UK to BOI Ireland but I can transfer from Ireland to UK. Probably gonna lose me as a customer because of it.
    Of course you can.

You simply do an international bank transfer.
    You need the BIC or Swift code, which identifies your the bank, and then the IBAN number - international bank account number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

JG009 wrote: »
    Set it to 88mph.
    That will send it into the future!

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I actually use pay pal to do international transactions. Send money from my bank account to pay pal (usually there within 48hrs) then forward it to whomever I'm sending the money to.

Mellor wrote: »
    Of course you can.

You simply do an international bank transfer.
    You need the BIC or Swift code, which identifies your the bank, and then the IBAN number - international bank account number.

Not possible Mellor, BOI UK haven't the facility setup and have no timeframe for when it will be. If I were using business banking maybe but not for personal accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

parc wrote: »
    Ah yeah, I've got that and do all my banking form my app now (which acts as a card reader)

So it's pretty easy? Are there any other charges besides the currency exchange rate?

If you want it sent urgently I think it was £10 or something like that. Standard transfer should be free and takes 2-5 business days. There will be a list of fees on their website somewhere

Advertisement